Welcome! If this is your first visit, you will need to register to participate.

DO NOT use symbols in usernames. Doing so will result in an inability to sign in & post!

If you cannot sign in or post, please visit our vBulletin Talk section for answers to vBulletin related FAQs.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

used TD-8 what to look for?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• used TD-8 what to look for?

I'm buying a used set of TD-8's tomorrow. What should I look for in determining it's condition? (1 year old, used by a professional)
    A reply tonight would be most timely!

Studio

Comment

Originally posted by szvook:
      ...Make sure the unit(s) (you are getting two of them, right...
      I've found that several newcomers refer to "a set of V-drums" by using the module name in place of the more generic drum name.

So, if this is the case here, a TD-8 is a Roland module (as is a TD-5, a TD-6, a TD-7, a TD-10 and the new TD-12 ). A set of them would be presumably two or more modules/brains. If that is what you meant, disregard all of this. If you meant, a set of V-drums that use a TD-8 module, just wanted to shed some light on the terminology and what szvook was saying in his reply. He assumed you meant exactly what you said, a pair of modules. (Maybe you did?)

Comment

I see I will be learning these new distinctions in V-drum lingo very quickly. I'm buying a complete V-Custom Kit and not just the module. Thanks szvook, I certainly learned something about what to look for regarding the module. How about the rest of the kit? V-pads, Hi-Hat Contoller, etc?

Comment

Studio

Comment

Working...
          X