Welcome! If this is your first visit, you will need to register to participate.

DO NOT use symbols in usernames. Doing so will result in an inability to sign in & post!

If you cannot sign in or post, please visit our vBulletin Talk section for answers to vBulletin related FAQs.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Hi-Hats do you use?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What Hi-Hats do you use?

I have considered several hi-hat configurations. I started out with an old PD-5 but it was too noisy. I used a Yamaha PCY-60 for a while which worked pretty good. I am currently using a PD-7 but I don't really like it. It is fairly quiet with good stick action, but it is too small a target. I have Pintech TC cymbals and thought about using the Pintech hi-hats but I am not sure how to mount hi-hats on a cymbal boom arm. What do you guys use?

------------------
    TD-8, TD-7, Roland rack, Pintech AX14, ConcertCast and Roland PD-9/7/5 pads, Yamaha and Pintech cymbals, Dingbat, Nimrod, Vertikik & KD-7, FD-7 , DrumKat DK-10, Fender Bassman 60.......2000 Eclipse GS
    I'm a drummer. I don't play the timpani! Hire a percussionist!!!

roland CY-12H. i love it!

Comment

CY-6 on a boom mount. Works fer me!

Comment

I have the same problem as you. I keep changing. I was using a pd-7, but I now switched it out for a pd-9 for size. I am very happy with it, but still want to try the new V-hats.
        :rolleyes:

Comment

Originally posted by HolShot:
          Do you have a picture of this set up??? Also, how does the rim come into play with teh cy-6 as a hi-hat?? I have 3 cy-6's all as crashes.
          :rolleyes:

Comment

CY-12H on the left, pd-7 on the right.

------------------
            Drooling Dog
            - Scott

Comment

Studio

Comment

I agree with szvook. I too, have a Hart ecymbal II high hat. It has excellent stick response, and it looks like a real cymbal. It is loud though. I use mine at home, and I can't play late at night with it. So, I am currently working on ways to make it more quiet, or get a quieter pad for late night drumming. I will always use it for everything else, though.

Comment

......choking on the prospect of spending $250 for one hh cymbal.....

------------------
                  TD-8, TD-7, Roland rack, Pintech AX14, ConcertCast and Roland PD-9/7/5 pads, Yamaha and Pintech cymbals, Dingbat, Nimrod, Vertikik & KD-7, FD-7 , DrumKat DK-10, Fender Bassman 60.......2000 Eclipse GS

Comment

...choking on the prospect of spending $250 for one hh cymbal...
                    Sounds like you've spent that much already on various alternatives so I can see your point. If you haven't tried a CY-12H yet (at length) do. Then you can better decided if its worth it to you. I preferred it over the others when I bought. I like it even more with time.

Comment

Originally posted by clymore:
                      ......choking on the prospect of spending $250 for one hh cymbal.....
                      I completely understand where you're coming from. The roland V-Cymbals are very expensive. That's why I only bought the Hi-hat. I went with Hart and Visu-lite for the others. So far I've been very please with my decision.

------------------
                      Drooling Dog
                      - Scott

Comment

Am I the only one here using Pintech cymbals? I have a 14" and a 16" crash and a 18" ride. They are not chokable but they look like real cymbals. They are very responsive and fairly ridgid so they feel pretty close to real. They have a rubber pad to keep down the stick noise. They are fairly inexpensive and would be perfect for home practice and gigs. I am thinking of trying the 12" for a hi-hat. I will clamp it down tight on a cymbal boom arm so it will not flop around when I play it.

------------------

Comment

Originally posted by HolShot:
                          Do you wing nut it down tight with extra washers so it doesn't wobble or play it loose?

------------------

Comment

I like the Pintech cymbals, but how the hell do you keep them from spinning. I have to move them at least twice during each song. Anyone use the Visu-lite China cymbal?

Comment

Originally posted by AkristaK:
                              Anyone use the Visu-lite China cymbal?
                              [/list]Within the next 48 hours I'll have to more Hart crashes.

------------------
                              Drooling Dog
                              - Scott

Comment

Working...
                              X