Announcement

Collapse

Technical Posting Guidelines

TECHNICAL DISCUSSION ONLY! DO NOT POST LOUNGE OR PRODUCT DISCUSSION!

Having issues? Please visit our Forum Talk section for answers to frequently asked questions.

See more
See less

Controlling External MIDI Devices

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Controlling External MIDI Devices

Hey guys, long time no see. I've been going to college full-time, and working five nights a week at a radio station 30 minutes frmo my school, so I've had my hands pretty full, and I recently moved my drums into my dorm room

Anyway, I'm also taking percussion lessons (I figure I'm a pretty good drummer, but I could be a whole lot better with a little guidance), and my teacher wants to see a 5-minute solo on the V's by next tuesday. No problem.

However, I thought it'd be nice to hook the kid up via midi to my MC-303 sequencer/soundbank and use a couple of the pd 9's to trigger some pad sounds off of the 303 to make things a little interesting.

Here's my problem: I plud the miid out on my unexpanded td-10 into the midi in on the 303 and set the v's to send midi on channel 10. So I select my ride, tell it to play midi note 32 or something with a 5 second gate time. Wonderful, it sounds wicked cool, but the problem is that all the other pads in the set trigger notes of their own. How do I keep the rest of the pads from triggering midi??? please help!!

You can't set midi channels on each pad individualy on any Roland drum module, I am surprised that Roland hasn't done anything about it. You might try finding a midi interface that will allow you do do a channel transpose on a single midi note number.
    Drumkat Turbo 4.5, Emulator X3, Superior 2.1, Roland Fantom XR, DTXtreme III, SPD-20 etc.......

Comment

Working...
    X