Welcome! If this is your first visit, you will need to register to participate.

DO NOT use symbols in usernames. Doing so will result in an inability to sign in & post!

If you cannot sign in or post, please visit our Forum Talk section for answers to frequently asked questions.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

KD-7 troubleshooting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KD-7 troubleshooting

My KD-7 stopped working a couple weeks ago. It will trigger a little if it is struck pretty hard but even then the sound is not very strong. I opened it up and checked the connections and everything seemed to be in order. I also cleaned the input connection and tried another cord. Nothing was changed in my TD-10 and I am currently using another KD-5 without any problems.
    Can the sensor just go bad? If so has anyone ever found a Radio Shack equivalent. I would appreciate any thoughts or ideas anyone may have.

Zigs

Welcome to the world of the KD7!

Typically, the sensor will need to be replaced on a regular basis. I was told to think of it like a bass drum head that needs periodic replacement. It is an easy fix and typically runs $65 for parts and labor.

I ended up getting a second pedal/trigger just in case the main one went out during a gig. There are tips within this message board on how to fix it yourself. If you're any good at those kind of things.

Good Luck.
    WMP

(Weapon of Mass Percussion)

Comment

Sixtyfive bucks for a piezo and a bit of soldering? Damn!

I've never been inside an kd-7 (would probably be a tight fit ) but you might try the Radio Shack transducer #273-073. Roland will want about $7 for thiers.

Comment

Working...
      X