Announcement

Collapse

Technical Posting Guidelines

TECHNICAL DISCUSSION ONLY! DO NOT POST LOUNGE OR PRODUCT DISCUSSION!

Having issues? Please visit our Forum Talk section for answers to frequently asked questions.

See more
See less

using hart ecymbals

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• using hart ecymbals

Can the fd-7 be used with the hart hi hats?
    I searched on this and did not find anything. I can get the hh, 2 chokable crashes, and the ride for a little over $500 and I was wondering if this would be the best cymbal option for my td-8 based set. I like the look of real cymbals. I have read good things about the ride and crashes, but what about the hats?

The FD-7 sends a signal to your module. What you use to trigger with should be irrelevant.

------------------
    TD-8, TD-7, Roland rack, Pintech CC and Roland PD-9/7/5 pads, Yamaha and Pintech cymbals, Vertikik & KD-7, FD-7 , DrumKat DK-10
    I'm a drummer. I don't play the timpani! Hire a percussionist!!!

Comment

I use the hart dynamic ecymbals on my v-customs too. I love them. And they are very affordable, more importantly. I currently have the mono-cymbals, again because I was in a pinch for cash at purchase. But, they've been great and if I need a choke, I use a pd-7 pad. Will upgrade later. I bought the hart dynamic hats initially, but sent them back because I did not like the action on them and they were loud as hell when playing in dynamic situations, or practicing at low volume in my apartment. So, I trashed them. They are plastic and that's exactly how they feel when you strike them with a stick. Good luck.

Comment

I have used with great success the fd-7, Hart hi hats, and a DM pro...it is loud though, even with the rubber pad covering the striking zone...other than that, I'm very happy with it..

I've noticed the gold lacquer finish starting to wear on the edge of my crash though...its on the edge of the rim where all the striking is done....kind of a problem seeing that I've only had these for a few months...

Comment

I've noticed the gold lacquer finish starting to wear on the edge of my crash though...its on the edge of the rim where all the striking is done....kind of a problem seeing that I've only had these for a few months...[/B]
          I have seen the same thing too. Quite disapointing. I thought I saw that the finish on the cymbals have a lifetime warranty on them. I'll send a e-mail to Peter Hart to find out.
          My Hart Dynamics GigaPro (vintage 1999)

Comment

I remember a while ago Peter saying they were having problems with the quality of the Duraplate coating of the Ecymbals, and he was actually at that time urging customers to wait to purchase them until they had the problems sorteds out. This was around the beginning of this year and posted on this site, but I haven't found the post so far.
            You should all probably contact Peter Hart and see what they say, after all, they do give a lifetime guarantee.

Stu
            "Fry that sound effect, Moriarty, we're having it for breakfast"

Comment

animal-the fd7 can be used with any trigger. it only performs the open/close feature of the module.

mudyax-"I bought the hart dynamic hats initially, but sent them back because I
              did not like the action on them and they were loud as hell when playing in dynamic situations, or practicing at low volume
              in my apartment. So, I trashed them. They are plastic and that's exactly how they feel when you strike them with a stick"

We did manufacture a plastic hh, but not since 1998. All ECII hats have a metal top and plastic bottom. There is rubber on 1/3 of the top cymbal. We have also recently added a foam insert between the cymbals which also reduces acoustic volume. So if quiet playing is your goal, play on the rubber. This is comparable in volume to a pd9. If you want exact acoustic feel, you can play on the metal 1/3.This set up is used when recording or playing live gigs with higher stage volumes.

finishes- The DuroplateŽ finish is guaranteed against chipping or peeling. Eventually, as I would imagine with any finish that you continually beat with a stick, it will show signs of wear.The very edge of the cymbal will eventually wear through the finish, showing the black material underneath. this would be about an 1/8" and a few inches around the circumference of the cymbal. the top, bottom, and the rest of the cymbal will maintain its brilliant finish for many years with no maintenance, a much different story than my brilliant K's.

stu- Finish issues were debris in the finishing process. long since sorted out.

Thanks guys e-mail me if I can [email protected]

Comment

Originally posted by hdi:
                stu- Finish issues were debris in the finishing process. long since sorted out.
                Cool! Good to know that those problems didn't last for long, Peter! Once again, kudos to Hart for replying to user comments here!

Stu
                "Fry that sound effect, Moriarty, we're having it for breakfast"

Comment

I have been using the hart crash cymbals for a year now, and they are holding up very well. They look exactly like they did the day I got them. The hart cymbals trigger flawlessly and look great. I am going to purchase the hi hat and ride cymbals soon.

Thank you Hart all your great products and your innovation.

Kurt
                  Kurt

Pearl drums converted with hart adc, roland kd7's, pd 120 for snare, various roland rubber pads, hart e cymbals and pads, td8, td6, 2 mackie srm450s and mackie sub. mackie sr 24-4 mixer........and always growing.

Comment

Working...
                  X