Announcement

Collapse

Technical Posting Guidelines

TECHNICAL DISCUSSION ONLY! DO NOT POST LOUNGE OR PRODUCT DISCUSSION!

Having issues? Please visit our Forum Talk section for answers to frequently asked questions.

See more
See less

Economy Drum Amps/Monitors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Economy Drum Amps/Monitors

I am considering Fender's new model Bassman 60 with the horn for a stage monitor/practice amp. Any comments, reviews or suggestions? I am on a limited Church budget.

------------------
    TD-8, TD-7, Roland rack, Pintech CC and Roland PD-9/7/5 pads, Yamaha and Pintech cymbals, Vertikik & KD-7, FD-7 , DrumKat DK-10
    I'm a drummer. I don't play the timpani! Hire a percussionist!!!

I would try for a keyboard apm instead. The speaker range will suit the drums better. 60 watts may not be enough either. For a church setting it maybe OK but you are at the low end may be more wise finacial to spend a litle more on a bigger apm then buy one that doesn't have enough power. When playing church I usual like the headphones but the church just got a new building and PA where the monitors being to loud is the problem. A used keyboard amp maybe your best/cheapest bet.

------------------
    Ted H.
    www.tocsinrocks.com
    Ted H.

Comment

I tried one of these Fender Bassman 60 amps at a local music store (on a TD-6 v-custom set)and it sounds great. The kicks are tight and the cymbals are clear. I have a Crate keyboard amp that sounds like crap (even with a 15" speaker). The Fender has a 12" but the horn is about a 3x12 down the while front. See it at http://www.fender.com/amplification/bassamps/60.html

------------------
      TD-8, TD-7, Roland rack, Pintech CC and Roland PD-9/7/5 pads, Yamaha and Pintech cymbals, Vertikik & KD-7, FD-7 , DrumKat DK-10
      I'm a drummer. I don't play the timpani! Hire a percussionist!!!

Comment

Working...
      X