Welcome! If this is your first visit, you will need to register to participate.

DO NOT use symbols in usernames. Doing so will result in an inability to sign in & post!

If you cannot sign in or post, please visit our vBulletin Talk section for answers to vBulletin related FAQs.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Economy Drum Amps/Monitors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Economy Drum Amps/Monitors

I am considering Fender's new model Bassman 60 with the horn for a stage monitor/practice amp. Any comments, reviews or suggestions? I am on a limited Church budget.

------------------
    TD-8, TD-7, Roland rack, Pintech CC and Roland PD-9/7/5 pads, Yamaha and Pintech cymbals, Vertikik & KD-7, FD-7 , DrumKat DK-10
    I'm a drummer. I don't play the timpani! Hire a percussionist!!!

I would try for a keyboard apm instead. The speaker range will suit the drums better. 60 watts may not be enough either. For a church setting it maybe OK but you are at the low end may be more wise finacial to spend a litle more on a bigger apm then buy one that doesn't have enough power. When playing church I usual like the headphones but the church just got a new building and PA where the monitors being to loud is the problem. A used keyboard amp maybe your best/cheapest bet.

------------------
    Ted H.
    www.tocsinrocks.com
    Ted H.

Comment

I tried one of these Fender Bassman 60 amps at a local music store (on a TD-6 v-custom set)and it sounds great. The kicks are tight and the cymbals are clear. I have a Crate keyboard amp that sounds like crap (even with a 15" speaker). The Fender has a 12" but the horn is about a 3x12 down the while front. See it at http://www.fender.com/amplification/bassamps/60.html

------------------
      TD-8, TD-7, Roland rack, Pintech CC and Roland PD-9/7/5 pads, Yamaha and Pintech cymbals, Vertikik & KD-7, FD-7 , DrumKat DK-10
      I'm a drummer. I don't play the timpani! Hire a percussionist!!!

Comment

Working...
      X