Announcement

Collapse

Technical Posting Guidelines

TECHNICAL DISCUSSION ONLY! DO NOT POST LOUNGE OR PRODUCT DISCUSSION!

Having issues? Please visit our Forum Talk section for answers to frequently asked questions.

See more
See less

Cakewalk MIDI Sync

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cakewalk MIDI Sync

I know Cakewalk-related questions have made their way onto several posts, but I can't seem to find one that discusses my particular problem:

How in God's name do you MIDI Sync an external sequencer to Cake in order to transfer and edit the sequences it contains? I know that you can do the reverse (Cake master to sequencer slave), but it boggles my mind to think that Cakewalk would not see fit to include such a simple and widely-used feature!

I've done an exhaustive search on the Cake Help pages but still no dice. I'm hoping that this is something incredibly simple that I'm overlooking. For the record, the version I'm using is Cake Express 8.0 (if that makes a difference).

Obviously, you can record in real time to Cake using any outside MIDI source, but that doesn't do me any good when I'm trying to maintain the sequencer data as it was originally programmed (event placement, resolution, etc.).

Anyone got any suggestions or, better yet, answers? Thanks in advance....
    TD-30 / SPD-SX

Mick,

Have you tried the settings under Project in the Options menu. On the tab sheet Clock set the source to Midi Sync. That works for me with Cakewalk 9.0.

Rob

[This message has been edited by Pleiadian (edited September 09, 2001).]

Comment

Working...
    X