Announcement

Collapse

Technical Posting Guidelines

TECHNICAL DISCUSSION ONLY! DO NOT POST LOUNGE OR PRODUCT DISCUSSION!

Having issues? Please visit our Forum Talk section for answers to frequently asked questions.

See more
See less

two maximisers in a set-up?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• two maximisers in a set-up?

I have just become a very proud owner of a BBE 882 and have it set-up between mt TD10 and stage monitors, which then feed to the PA

The band I am in are so impressed with the BBE they are thinking of putting on in the PA set-up.

Has anyone any ideas if this will cause me problems with front of house drum sound, as the sound will end up going through two bbe maximisers?

I remember someone bringing this up before, but there was no further discussion. I use a 482 between my TD-8 and my mixer (which has all EQ flat). I juice the lo contour to about 5 and the process setting to about 6.5 for my taste. There's an older BBE used to process the entire band mix and the sound guru/geek/engineer (who I trust with my sound) says the drums sound great. IMHO, most PA's can only benefit by using some sort of "sonic maximizer". If your PA sounds muffled and dead, a BBE processing only the drums won't help your sound much out front. We have had no problems using two, and our PA was bright and crunchy before I added my 482.

Comment

Working...
    X