Welcome! If this is your first visit, you will need to register to participate.

DO NOT use symbols in usernames. Doing so will result in an inability to sign in & post!

If you cannot sign in or post, please visit our vBulletin Talk section for answers to vBulletin related FAQs.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

two maximisers in a set-up?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• two maximisers in a set-up?

I have just become a very proud owner of a BBE 882 and have it set-up between mt TD10 and stage monitors, which then feed to the PA

The band I am in are so impressed with the BBE they are thinking of putting on in the PA set-up.

Has anyone any ideas if this will cause me problems with front of house drum sound, as the sound will end up going through two bbe maximisers?

I remember someone bringing this up before, but there was no further discussion. I use a 482 between my TD-8 and my mixer (which has all EQ flat). I juice the lo contour to about 5 and the process setting to about 6.5 for my taste. There's an older BBE used to process the entire band mix and the sound guru/geek/engineer (who I trust with my sound) says the drums sound great. IMHO, most PA's can only benefit by using some sort of "sonic maximizer". If your PA sounds muffled and dead, a BBE processing only the drums won't help your sound much out front. We have had no problems using two, and our PA was bright and crunchy before I added my 482.

Comment

Working...
    X