Announcement

Collapse

Technical Posting Guidelines

TECHNICAL DISCUSSION ONLY! DO NOT POST LOUNGE OR PRODUCT DISCUSSION!

Having issues? Please visit our Forum Talk section for answers to frequently asked questions.

See more
See less

PowerPoint with TD-10

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PowerPoint with TD-10

Has anyone out there heard of any way to use PowerPoint with the TD-10. What I had in mind was setting up a diagram of the set and some sort of HTML code so that the TD-10 could list the sounds I was using on any given kit. I would assume this would be a MIDI thing but I wasn't sure if the TD-10 transmitted this kind of data. I'm assuming this is a pipe dream, but, you brainiacs have surprized me before with plenty of information that I assumed was impossible. As always, we thank you for your support. [email protected]

[This message has been edited by CAH2112 (edited February 02, 2002).]
    [email protected]

Originally posted by CAH2112:
    ...you brainiacs have surprized me before with plenty of information that I assumed was impossible ...
    PowerPoint, huh? That's fresh. So far, no word of such around here but I can envision the potential. Pull this off and you'll be the next brainiac around here.

-Marc.

Comment

Originally posted by Marc.:
      PowerPoint, huh? That's fresh. So far, no word of such around here but I can envision the potential. Pull this off and you'll be the next brainiac around here.

-Marc.
      If you are looking for a visual interface for your V-Drums, that is a project I have been working on at home for a month or so. It's REALLY slow going on my part, since I have only been tinkering and not really accomplishing much.

Maybe this will get me off my *ss to work some more on this.

(Note that it is definitely NOT in PowerPoint - that is presentation software. Instead, I am tinkering in Visual Basic, which unfortunately limits the application to Windoze platforms. But, VB has nice MIDI controls already available...)

- Hans
      - Hans

Comment

Originally posted by CAH2112:
        Has anyone out there heard of any way to use PowerPoint with the TD-10. What I had in mind was setting up a diagram of the set and some sort of HTML code so that the TD-10 could list the sounds I was using on any given kit. I would assume this would be a MIDI thing but I wasn't sure if the TD-10 transmitted this kind of data. I'm assuming this is a pipe dream, but, you brainiacs have surprized me before with plenty of information that I assumed was impossible. As always, we thank you for your support. [email protected]

Emagic's SoundDiver does just that, my friend, it gives you access to all sounds in the TD-10, as well as all other parameters.

Stu
        "Fry that sound effect, Moriarty, we're having it for breakfast"

Comment

Is there a website on this stuff already in exsistance?
          [email protected]

Comment

This is their web site:
            www.emagic.de (in German and English)

But I'm not sure about printing sound lists or anything. I never need to print.

Pierre.

Comment

It is possible to send a sysex message to the TD10 to request the instrument being used on a certain pad (Head and Rim) but the TD10 will not transmit the actual "text" description of the instrument it will only transmit the actual instrument number.

Sysex is not an easy format to code and I doubt that you could do it with Powerpoint alone.
              A better choice would be Visual basic with some third party controls like the "Mabry Midi Pack".

You also need to know about how midi "checksum" works , its not rocket science but its no "boom tap" theory.

You would also have to have a list of all the "textual" names of the instruments to map to the numbers the TD10 transmits back to the computer.

Comment

Working...
              X