Announcement

Collapse

Technical Posting Guidelines

TECHNICAL DISCUSSION ONLY! DO NOT POST LOUNGE OR PRODUCT DISCUSSION!

Having issues? Please visit our Forum Talk section for answers to frequently asked questions.

See more
See less

BBE 482

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BBE 482

I looked for this at Samash, no luck
    where can I find such a thing? I read about this in tips and tricks and it sounds like the thing to have.
    My expansion board is on the way, I have a gig tommorow night I going to use my
    A-cymbals & A-hi-hats and my Rogers Dynasonic Snare, it going to be an outside gig hope it sounds ok.

Mick

[This message has been edited by Mick (edited August 23, 2001).]
    Mick
    V-Pro Concert (purple)
    TD-10 (not expanded)yet

ebay has a few:
    http://search.ebay.com/search/search...&query=BBE+482

musicuiansfriend.com has one:
    http://www.musiciansfriend.com/ex/se...BE+482&x=3&y=5

------------------
    szvook
    Studio

Comment

I may have an extra one soon. I replaced a 482 with another 882. I am trying the 482 out elsewhere but if it doesn't work out, I was going to unload it on e-bay. If I decide to do that, I'll let you know.

Comment

I have a 462 arriving today.
        I can't wait to see the Fedex coming up my drivway.

Reason?

Haven't told my wife about it, or the mackie mixer I bought also......

Hello, my name is Jeff and I am an addict.

------------------
        td 8,
        pintech pads,gibraltor rack JBL G2 EON 15 AND Mackie srs-1500, yamaha maple customs, remo jazz kit, buttloads of cymbals... 96 Tahoe,leather.

[This message has been edited by acidbran (edited August 24, 2001).]
        The original Gig Pig.

Comment

quote from Acidbran:

"Haven't told my wife about it, or the mackie mixer I bought also......

Hello, my name is Jeff and I am an addict."

Funny!

And so true!

Here's a thought. Next time the new box is on the way, if you can, have it delivered to your bandmate.

Then he can bring it over to your home unwrapped, in open box, looking used.

If your wife answers the door, have him say,

"I'm returning Jeff's _____, tell him

thanks for lending it to me" !

She'll never know it is something new.

Immensely powerful yet with a liquid cat-quick elegance

Comment

I got caught trying to sneak my new KC500 down the driveway to my drum studio. Let me tell you...It's very hard to sneak with one of those things. I made it about half way to the door when I heard...Honey WHAT ARE YOU DOING? Shortly after that she found the receipt for my new cymbals in the glove box of my car. I gota be more careful! Lets just say… She got to go on a extended shopping trip to the mall and all is better now.
            V-Pro w/ Roland Cymbals (CY14C,CY15R,CY6), BBE 462, Mackie 1202-VLZ

Comment

Great idea,
              BTW.. I am in so. Burlington sunday.
              Shelburne farms, wedding.
              Still haven't decided on e's or a's.
              I just hope the truck beats me out the door today......lol

------------------
              td 8,
              pintech pads,gibraltor rack JBL G2 EON 15 AND Mackie srs-1500, yamaha maple customs, remo jazz kit, buttloads of cymbals... 96 Tahoe,leather.
              The original Gig Pig.

Comment

Hi acidbran,

Congrats on Shelburne Farms gig! It is one of the most beautiful places in all of New England, if not the country, in my opinion.

If you would like , I'd love to drop by and say hello.

You know I missed you at the Essex Fairgrounds gig you mentioned. I looked and looked in the paper, but there was no mention of any concert on the date you spoke of, so I assumed it was canceled.

Assuming you want some company, let me know when, the name of the building (like the Carriage Barn), and the name of the wedding party, or they may not let me pass the gates.

I think it is possible that , once you have met me, you will appreciate the reluctance of the security people!

Gingerbaker - [email protected]
                Immensely powerful yet with a liquid cat-quick elegance

Comment

Mick,
                  Either MARS or Guitar Center had the BBE482 for $169 very recently. I paid $199 at GC a couple months ago. You won't believe the difference in sound when you hit the in/out button!

Comment

I requested quotes this morning. So far, Riks Music has the lowest at $179.95.

Kit Pic 1 Kit Pic 2 Kit Pic 3... And FOR SALE I have: 3 PD-9's, MDS-10 purple rack w/cables/pad and cym mounts. See classified posts for details or PM me.

Comment

Well, It came and I hooked it up and I have to say I am impressed.

I didn't have much time before I had to leave for my gig, and I don't have time to use any e's this weekend.......BUT next week!!!!

Gingerbaker, I am at the Carriage house and yes you are right, it is quite the place.
                      It lets a person know their place in life.

I have played there many times, loud room eh?

We start around 6:30 or so, maybe if you want you can catch us later.

Would be a pleasure to meet you.
                      This is sunday not sat.

------------------
                      td 8,
                      The original Gig Pig.

Comment

Can someone give me some basic info on the bbe's. I'm in the UK and they seem hard to get hold of over here, but my partner will be over in the US in a couple of weeks time.

The question is around the AC voltage, in the UK its 240v, do the bbe's have a 110v-240v switch, powered by transformer, or none of these?

BBE's website left me thinking that ther was a US/Japan model and a European model!

Comment

Daveb,

if you need to get hold of a European model, just in case, try musikproduktiv.de. They're German, speak English (Sadly not on their site) and have close to everything.

Stu
                          "Fry that sound effect, Moriarty, we're having it for breakfast"

Comment

If you live in the UK or Europe then the best place to purchace the BBE 482 or 882 is from thomann in Germany
                            the cost is 147 pounds [BBE 482] and 245 pounds [BBE 882]
                            with a delivery charge of 12 pounds
                            Here is there web site address www.thomann.de
                            Gavin
                            TD10 exp, BBE and the rest of the toys

Comment

hEY drumbeat8u,

DON'T THINK ABOUT CHEATING ON YOUR WIFE IF YOU CAN'T GET A LITTLE PIECE OF EQUIPMENT PAST HER WITHOUT NOTICING! ANYWAY SOME OLD VINTAGE EQUIPMENT IS MORE RELIABLE ANYWAY AND ALWAYS PERFORMS AS EXPECTED! USE YOU NEW GEAR WELL.
                              Drumser

Comment

Working...
                              X