Announcement

Collapse

Technical Posting Guidelines

TECHNICAL DISCUSSION ONLY! DO NOT POST LOUNGE OR PRODUCT DISCUSSION!

Having issues? Please visit our Forum Talk section for answers to frequently asked questions.

See more
See less

TD-7 to TD-10 MIDI Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• drumser
    replied
    Related to point 2 concerning assigning midi note numbers; if I want to mix in TD 7 sounds with the TD 10, in plain English what do I need to do to make sure I assigned to right note numbers. The td 10 is acting as the Master, my pads are plugged into the TD 10 with only 2 midi in/out cables going to the TD 7. Are we talking about assigning every single sound in every kit in the TD-7 to the TD 10

If you don;t quite follow: If I want patch 19 VOICES in the TD 10 to be layered with a patch in the TD 7, every sound in the patch has to be reasigned?

Right now with all the midi cables connected I get no sound from the TD 7 just the original patch from the TD 10, even though I see teh green midi light flashing with each hit to the pads.

Leave a comment:

• Steveo the Devo
    replied
    Online MIDI tutorials here: http://www.borg.com/~jglatt/tutr/miditutr.htm

Goes from very basic to more advanced stuff, quite good.

Leave a comment:

• mcconaghy
    replied
    Very simple answers (I have about 3 minutes to complete this, or the wife'll kill me! If I make mistakes here, correct me, please!)

1:
    Set up your main module (i.e. the one you want to control eveything with) to send and recieve data on, say, MIDI channel 10 (this should be the default MIDI channel anyway), and do like wise with your other module. Run MIDI cables from MIDI In to MIDI Out (both ways), boom, finished.

2:
    Assign MIDI note values to the pads plugged into the TD-7 corresponding to the MIDI note values of the sound you want to trigger in the TD-10.

3:
    Plug both into your mixer. That's it.

May I recommend a book for you, it's called the MIDI Companion, it's by Jeffrey Rona, published by Hal Leonard, and it well under $10. It's a very elaborate book, very understandable, geared towards the MIDI novice. I wish I had this around when I started up. This book will help you get into the nitty gritty of MIDI setups, let alone give you a great understanding of how MIDI works.

Leave a comment:

• marksil1
    started a topic TD-7 to TD-10 MIDI Question

TD-7 to TD-10 MIDI Question

Hi,

I apologize if this has already been dealt with elsewhere but I couldn't find anything that really helped me as I'm pretty new to the whole MIDI concept. I started with a TD-7 and later got a TD-10. I know that I can MIDI the TD-7 into the TD-10 for additional inputs but I don't know how.

Please let me know how to do this.

Specifically:

1. What should the MIDI settings be set to on the two modules?
    2. Can I assign TD-10 sounds to the pads triggered through the TD-7? If so, how do I do that?
    3. Is there anything else I need to do to connect these two modules together properly other than use a MIDI cable in the correct ports and properly adjust the MIDI settings?

Thanks for your help.
Working...
X