Announcement

Collapse

Technical Posting Guidelines

TECHNICAL DISCUSSION ONLY! DO NOT POST LOUNGE OR PRODUCT DISCUSSION!

Having issues? Please visit our Forum Talk section for answers to frequently asked questions.

See more
See less

TD-8 Settings for Pintech CC-101 pads?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TD-8 Settings for Pintech CC-101 pads?

Anyone using Pintech's CC101 non-mesh pads with the TD-8? I've played around with the settings and head tensions but I'm still having problems with all three toms tracking all hits. I get about 60% hits doing mid-tempo rolls on each drum singularly. Yet, the snare sounds perfect, though that is a CC-102(non-mesh) pad. I matched settings for the toms with the snare and still the same results. Any help appreciated.

Pintech's suggested settings are very conservative. Reduce the TD-8 settings for crosstalk, retrigg cancel etc. and then it should detect every hit. Of course, to little 'deadening' of the signals will cause other problems - such as crosstalk and multiple hits. Play around as much as you can!

Schmunk
    TD-8, Pintech pads, Pearl rack, Mackie SRM-450, Behringer 802 mixer and DSP1400 UltraMizer, Electric Sticks.

Comment

Hey, Schmunk. I tried all that and still they seem to be missing. I think the pads might be bad. Two of them were open-box'ers that the sales guy claimed to "work perfectly." I should'a let me usual suspicions of this particular music store's salesmen guide me but I didn't. But the third pad was brand new and it, too, doesn't track even 95%. I switched cables and pads thinking maybe even the input(s) were bad on the TD8. I don't know man.....I'm getting fedup. Thanks for the reply though. I'll pro'lly go mess with it some more yet.

Comment

My pads are tracking fine.
        It is a combination of head tension and playing with the settings.

I do have the mesh heads though and I am not certain how different they should be as far as the xtalk and such.

------------------
        Jeff, using...
        td 8,PD-120,
        pintech pads,gibraltor rack, JBL G2 EON 15 AND Mackie srs-1500, BBE 462 yamaha maple customs, remo jazz kit, buttloads of cymbals... 96 Tahoe,leather.
        The original Gig Pig.

Comment

What pad type do you have the Pintechs in the TD8? Thanks.

Comment

Ok, here is what I have right now.

pad type:10B
            sens. : 7
            Threshold: 1
            Curve : linear
            adv.
            scan :1.0
            retrig: 4
            mask: 0
            xtalk: 30

now this is for the mesh heads, it may be way different for you, but try if you like only write down your best settings before you start messing around..

------------------
            Jeff, using...
            td 8,PD-120,
            pintech pads,gibraltor rack, JBL G2 EON 15 AND Mackie srs-1500, BBE 462 yamaha maple customs, remo jazz kit, buttloads of cymbals... 96 Tahoe,leather.

[This message has been edited by acidbran (edited August 28, 2001).]
            The original Gig Pig.

Comment

Thanks. I'll give'em a shot and try messing some more. Cheers!

Comment

I have a CC-102-ST set to 12A and it triggers 100%.

------------------
                TD-8, TD-7, Roland rack, Pintech CC and Roland PD-9/7/5 pads, Yamaha and Pintech cymbals, Vertikik & KD-7, FD-7 , DrumKat DK-10
                I'm a drummer. I don't play the timpani! Hire a percussionist!!!

Comment

Why don't you just put mesh heads on your pads, there's no way you can plug real head pads into Roland inputs, they're just not hot enough.
                  Drumkat Turbo 4.5, Emulator X3, Superior 2.1, Roland Fantom XR, DTXtreme III, SPD-20 etc.......

Comment

Working...
                  X