Announcement

Collapse

Technical Posting Guidelines

TECHNICAL DISCUSSION ONLY! DO NOT POST LOUNGE OR PRODUCT DISCUSSION!

Having issues? Please visit our Forum Talk section for answers to frequently asked questions.

See more
See less

Factory settings...Can one Always go back?!?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Factory settings...Can one Always go back?!?

O.K.
    After having read over the better part of the threads that look interesting in here I've succeeding in doing nothing more than intimidating the hell out of myself before I even get my V Drums.
    My V concert kit is paid for and on the way ( About a week )
    And I'm afraid to even attempt to program the thing..Thresh holds,Cross-talk..ugh?!

If I dinker around with this thing (TD10) will I always be able to go back to the factory setting with ease if I screw something up or get lost?

I want to be able to dive right in but I must say I'm a tad nervous about screwing up the goods!
    So..How's it play out of the box and can I always go back to a factory default?
    Thanks for your time guys..I know the newbie status doesn't help but give me a few months and I hope I'll serve some purpose here.
    Kindest Regards,
    Rylo

[This message has been edited by RYLO (edited August 25, 2001).]

The V's generally play pretty well out of the box. You will only realize what was "wrong" with the out-of-the-box settings when you are able to tweak things to your own specifications.

Yes. You can always "go back". A few simple keystrokes is all it takes.

Hope the week goes quickly for you. (but I know it won't)
    \oo/_ :mad: _\oo/

Comment

Thanks...
      I've always played acoustic and the transition has been a long time coming...I kept a picture of the the VPros above my desk for about three years ( Wishing..saving)
      Anyway;Crunch time,I bit the bullet and just bought them and I'm really nervous about the decision.
      "I mean,I played the things in a local store a few times but that was it!"
      The product won me over but I must say I gave ZERO thought to all the issues raised here.
      All valid and things I'm sure I would've got to in time.
      Peeking in here is like having of crystal ball of sorts for an expecting owner.

It forcasts all the bleeding out of my eyes that most certainly is ahead for me as I will attempt to get all I can from this thing.

anything else perplexing gonna hop out of the box and bite me as soon as I open it!?!
      Thanks again.
      Glad I found this site...
      Rylo

Comment

RYLO...take a deep breath. It all seems a little overwhelming at first. They do play pretty well out of the box, but just take one parameter at a time to play around with. Half the fun of owning these things is all of the experimenting and learning that comes with them.

This site is a big help...and I have found that it only prods me to know more about my V's (each thread pushes me a little further).

I don't know who started this site, but thanks.
        Michael

Comment

Originally posted by RYLO:
          anything else perplexing gonna hop out of the box and bite me as soon as I open it!?!
          I would be careful when opening the box, Roland has been known to package scorpions and black snakes in some of the module!
          Welcome aboard RYLO.

PS Did you know that out of the 10 most deadly snakes in the world, Australian has 9 of them?
          In fact out of the 9 most deadly snakes in the world, Australia has all of them! (We love Roland products down here - maybe that is why our country is full of snakes!)
          Steve

'I only ever quote myself - except when I quote someone else' - me

, plenty of , and , , triggered acoustics, , and a plethora of PA blah blah freakin blah...I mean does anyone care about the specifics of pedals, speakers, processors, hardware or anything that I'm using?? :confused: Hmmm, maybe this is an appropriate place to mention that I tried out a new cymbal stand the other day...

Comment

And a large amount of Australians chase after them, trying to pick them up by their tails and say silly things like "Ooh, come here ,you gorgeous little snake, give us a kiss"... well, if you believe television...

I'm beginning to think that Steveo the Devo is in reality Steve Irvin, the Crocodile Hunter

Stu
            "Fry that sound effect, Moriarty, we're having it for breakfast"

Comment

Thanks guys...A little humor to ease my wait.Just what I needed;-)

I'll respond in kind/My son just told me a joke.Here goes:
              What do you call cheese that doesn't belong to you?

Nachocheese!

TOOK A MINUTE TO GO OFF FOR ME TOO...SORRY

[This message has been edited by RYLO (edited August 27, 2001).]

[This message has been edited by RYLO (edited August 27, 2001).]

Comment

Working...
              X