Welcome! If this is your first visit, you will need to register to participate.

DO NOT use symbols in usernames. Doing so will result in an inability to sign in & post!

If you cannot sign in or post, please visit our vBulletin Talk section for answers to vBulletin related FAQs.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Amplification

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Amplification

Originally posted by Daveb:

What are you guys using and what is the pluses & negatives of the set-up??

This is my sound system for my drums. It is a bit much ($) for starters (or not, depends on you) but it will put a permanent smile on your face. You might not need or want a system like this - it is very strong. I am sure others here can give you some input regarding a lesser system, if you want.

Amp: Crown K2 http://www.crownaudio.com/amp_htm/k.htm

Speakers: MI-Series Cerwin Vega V-253 http://www.cerwin-vega.com/products/index.html

There are no negatives that I can find in my system....well except the fact that my system can tear your head off, if pushed.

What is the most important getting the amp or speakers right?
    IMHO, the right impedance matching. Here is some info on it.
    http://www.vdrums.com/discussion/For...ML/000919.html

------------------
    szvook

[This message has been edited by szvook (edited August 06, 2001).]
    Studio

Comment

szvook, what do you think of the V-35X's compared to the 253's?

Thnx,
      -Marc.

Comment

Studio

Comment

Comment

not asking much am I !
            Studio

Comment

I use a Crate keyboard amp that has an EQ so I can adjust for the sound I like. The bass apm you may lose the highs you want.

------------------
              Ted H.
              www.tocsinrocks.com
              Ted H.

Comment

Originally posted by Stixx777:
                The bass apm you may lose the highs you want.

Unless you have an outboard mixer, then EQ per channel (in use) can be applied.

------------------
                szvook
                Studio

Comment

Originally posted by Stixx777:
                  I use a Crate keyboard amp that has an EQ so I can adjust for the sound I like. The bass apm you may lose the highs you want.

Ditto except mine is an eight channel compact P.A. system by Crate....Works great!!

Comment

Ok so it sounds like a keyboard amp with EQ is a great option.

What sort of output do you have, is the wattage high enough?

Also does anyone use effects modules to enhance the sound, if so why and which ones?

Comment

300 watts per channel more than enough for me...

BBE Maximizer for sure and noise gate.

Comment

Also does anyone use effects modules to enhance the sound, if so why and which ones?

Studio

Comment

Thanks guys this has been really helpful, also did some searching in post postings.

outcome, well I used the vdrums at a jam session last night FOH was a great sound (we have EV FOH speakers. However the roland keyboard amp I was using as a monitor was naff. So bought a JBL EON 15G2 today (chosen over mackie because I got a better deal.

It looks as if I am on my way, next item will most probably be a sound maximiser.

Comment

Svook, this one's for you. You posted this a while back:

"I am using a Focusrite Compounder, Drawmer DL251, Alisis 3630, BBE 882, Aphex Aural Exciter C2- model 104, Lexicon MPX-1 and Behringer Tube T1951 EQ."

How about a diagram? I know this would be a lot of work, but I am interested in how you run your V-drums through all this equipment. The more detail the better.

------------------
                            - andy
                            - andy

Hart Dynamics ZigaPro Kit (6.4 w/ many extras)

Comment

Studio

Comment

Working...
                              X