Announcement

Collapse

Technical Posting Guidelines

TECHNICAL DISCUSSION ONLY! DO NOT POST LOUNGE OR PRODUCT DISCUSSION!

Having issues? Please visit our Forum Talk section for answers to frequently asked questions.

See more
See less

TD-6 triggering

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TD-6 triggering

I just finished reading a brief review of various popular e-drum modules over at the Hart Dynamics web site. For the TD-6 they contend that it "triggers smoother and faster than the TD8 and TD10."

For those of you who have had experience with the TD-6 and either the TD-8 or TD-10, I'm curious if you've noticed a better response from the TD-6?

Doug
    Roland TD-12, Pearl DRX-1 tom and snare pads, Roland PD-8 pads for cymbals, DW pedals and stands, Pearl and Gibraltar hardware

It seems to, but it is such a subtle nuance that it may just be my imagination. If someone measured it with the right equipment they could tell and I wouldn't be surprised. But even if it is, it is not a significant enough difference to really feel strongly about, just a nice bonus. It IS however, noticeably quieter than my TD-10ex.

Comment

There is some eroneous info regarding the Kat trigger interface at the Hart site so I'd take it with a grain of salt. They also say that the DTX interface is based on Kat's design whch is also false, it's based on the DTS70 interface.
      Drumkat Turbo 4.5, Emulator X3, Superior 2.1, Roland Fantom XR, DTXtreme III, SPD-20 etc.......

Comment

I have both the TD-6 and the TD-8 and although the TD-6 triggers very well, I wouldn't say it was any "better" or "worse" than the TD-8......
        TD-30 / SPD-SX

Comment

Working...
        X