Announcement

Collapse

Technical Posting Guidelines

TECHNICAL DISCUSSION ONLY! DO NOT POST LOUNGE OR PRODUCT DISCUSSION!

Having issues? Please visit our Forum Talk section for answers to frequently asked questions.

See more
See less

TD-8 Melody creation!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mick Wade
    replied
    Originally posted by TerryClymore:
    So I can assign each note to a separate pad and record it as a "tap" sequence and then later asign the pattern to one pad?

Yes, that's right.

Leave a comment:

• TerryClymore
    replied
    So I can assign each note to a separate pad and record it as a "tap" sequence and then later asign the pattern to one pad? I have recorded drum rythyms on my TD-7 many times. This is a first for the TD-8. I have had it about 2 weeks.

------------------
    TD-8, TD-7, Roland rack, Pintech CC and Roland PD-9/7/5 pads, Yamaha and Pintech cymbals, Vertikik & KD-7, FD-7 HH

Leave a comment:

• Mick Wade
    replied
    I've done it on a number of occasions, and it's a pretty simple task. There are basically three ways you can go about doing this:

1): Program the "melody" using an outboard sequencer or sequencing software and then MIDI Sync-record it into the TD-8

2): Record it in real time with a keyboard MIDI'd to the TD-8

3): After setting the appropriate Gate times, assign each different note of the melody to a different pad, and, once again, record it in real time using the TD-8 itself as the source

Of course, keep in mind that (unless you are for some reason inserting Program Change messages) you can always go into the TD-8 internally once the pattern has been created and select any sound you like for the pattern.

Leave a comment:

• clymore
    started a topic TD-8 Melody creation!

TD-8 Melody creation!

TD-8 Factory kit #41 (RockBand) has a tap melody on Aux 11. I am studying the manual to try to create my own simple 4 or 5 note melody with no success. It only tells me how to "edit" one, not create it. Anyone made their own tap melodies?

------------------
    TD-8, TD-7, Roland rack, Pintech CC and Roland PD-9/7/5 pads, Yamaha and Pintech cymbals, Vertikik & KD-7, FD-7 HH
Working...
X