Welcome! If this is your first visit, you will need to register to participate.

DO NOT use symbols in usernames. Doing so will result in an inability to sign in & post!

If you cannot sign in or post, please visit our Forum Talk section for answers to frequently asked questions.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

TD-8 Melody creation!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TD-8 Melody creation!

TD-8 Factory kit #41 (RockBand) has a tap melody on Aux 11. I am studying the manual to try to create my own simple 4 or 5 note melody with no success. It only tells me how to "edit" one, not create it. Anyone made their own tap melodies?

------------------
    TD-8, TD-7, Roland rack, Pintech CC and Roland PD-9/7/5 pads, Yamaha and Pintech cymbals, Vertikik & KD-7, FD-7 HH
    I'm a drummer. I don't play the timpani! Hire a percussionist!!!

I've done it on a number of occasions, and it's a pretty simple task. There are basically three ways you can go about doing this:

1): Program the "melody" using an outboard sequencer or sequencing software and then MIDI Sync-record it into the TD-8

2): Record it in real time with a keyboard MIDI'd to the TD-8

3): After setting the appropriate Gate times, assign each different note of the melody to a different pad, and, once again, record it in real time using the TD-8 itself as the source

Of course, keep in mind that (unless you are for some reason inserting Program Change messages) you can always go into the TD-8 internally once the pattern has been created and select any sound you like for the pattern.
    TD-30 / SPD-SX

Comment

So I can assign each note to a separate pad and record it as a "tap" sequence and then later asign the pattern to one pad? I have recorded drum rythyms on my TD-7 many times. This is a first for the TD-8. I have had it about 2 weeks.

------------------
      TD-8, TD-7, Roland rack, Pintech CC and Roland PD-9/7/5 pads, Yamaha and Pintech cymbals, Vertikik & KD-7, FD-7 HH

Comment

Originally posted by TerryClymore:
        So I can assign each note to a separate pad and record it as a "tap" sequence and then later asign the pattern to one pad?

Yes, that's right.
        TD-30 / SPD-SX

Comment

Working...
        X