Announcement

Collapse

Technical Posting Guidelines

TECHNICAL DISCUSSION ONLY! DO NOT POST LOUNGE OR PRODUCT DISCUSSION!

Having issues? Please visit our Forum Talk section for answers to frequently asked questions.

See more
See less

muted tom

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• muted tom

I'm using one of the 'kits' that come with
    the V set. Somehow the kit became corrupted -the settings got wiped out and I had to recreate it as much as I could. However, one
    tom has significantly less volume than the others and I cannot alter it in any way. What does this mean? Also, are there any publications that are more user friendly than the user manual that comes with the V set?

------------------

The Manual explains that you can increase or decrease the volume on any pad by holding down CONTROL ROOM and hitting the Kit button. There is also a video manual that you might find helpful, but it is all there on paper.
    :rolleyes:

Comment

Jgel, you hold down the KIT button and press CONTROL ROOM. The KIT button is the SHIFT button.

You had it the other way around.

Sorry for being pedantic, but unless everything is done totally correctly, you won't get the results you desire. *sigh* Such is the world of electronics...
      "I do what I like, and I like what I do."

Comment

Originally posted by Electrode:
        Sorry for being pedantic,
        Yo! This site is for drummers. Go easy on that pedantic stuff.
        Kit Pic 1 Kit Pic 2 Kit Pic 3... And FOR SALE I have: 3 PD-9's, MDS-10 purple rack w/cables/pad and cym mounts. See classified posts for details or PM me.

Comment

Originally posted by Electrode:
          Jgel, you hold down the KIT button and press CONTROL ROOM. The KIT button is the SHIFT button.

You had it the other way around.
          Oh man, I suck. Sorry, that is what I meant to say. When I was typing it, I kept thinking "Is this correct." I was going to look at the TD-10, but was too lazy to get up and look at it.
          SORRY

:rolleyes:

Comment

Thanks - I've done the obvious things - adjusting the volume through the control room
            - which has no effect. I've checked the cord,
            gone through every setting on the drum to no avail. I can follow the instructions in the manual easily enough. The drum is OK on other kits. I've moved to another kit.

------------------

Comment

guessing here:

check to see if the problem tom is set to be more or less compressed than the others?

Sometimes I see sounds become much louder when compression is turned off - maybe that tom is sending more of its signal to the compressor?
              Immensely powerful yet with a liquid cat-quick elegance

Comment

i'll try that - i may have missed that option. i think i tried everything else.

thanks,
                bill
                Originally posted by gingerbaker:
                guessing here:

check to see if the problem tom is set to be more or less compressed than the others?

Sometimes I see sounds become much louder when compression is turned off - maybe that tom is sending more of its signal to the compressor?

Comment

NArrow the problem down by pressing F3 at the Kit display and turning off everything there. Now turn everything back on one by one to eliminate the mystery of where the problem is coming from.

Approach it logically...
                  "I do what I like, and I like what I do."

Comment

Why don't you just reload the factory setting for that kit back. It is part of the copy function, copy factory kit to that number kit again then see what happens. The exact way is described in the manual.

------------------
                    Ted H.
                    www.tocsinrocks.com
                    Ted H.

Comment

Working...
                    X