Announcement

Collapse

Technical Posting Guidelines

TECHNICAL DISCUSSION ONLY! DO NOT POST LOUNGE OR PRODUCT DISCUSSION!

Having issues? Please visit our Forum Talk section for answers to frequently asked questions.

See more
See less

mystery triggers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• mystery triggers

I've been using 2 of the built in kits
    that come with my V set. Each set has mysterious triggers attached to the cymbals.
    I can't find a way to get rid of these triggers. I've followed the instructions in the manual to no avail. Any help would be appreciated.

------------------

Are you talking about a pattern assigned to a rim on a PD-9?

Comment

yes - sorry I'm new to the terminology and
      the entire electronic side of drumming. i assumed there would be a way to easily see any patterns attached to any drums in a given kit and a simple way to remove it permanently. i'm a software engineer and i must admit the user interface and the logic contained therein has me very confused. I am especially disturbed by the seeming lack of ability to make PERMANENT changes to items in kits and have them stick between sessions.
      I know I need to spend more time with the manual, but some of the 'features' are very counter-intuitive. Thank god for this site!

Comment

Originally posted by wgblackmon:
        I know I need to spend more time with the manual
        You have the answer to your own question. READ and read and read. The manual is GREAT.

:rolleyes:

Comment

Originally posted by Jgel:
          You have the answer to your own question. READ and read and read. The manual is GREAT.

Maybe the manual IS great, it's the design
          of software and user interface that leaves something to be desired. This requires a GREAT manual.....

------------------

Comment

I am especially disturbed by the seeming lack of ability to make PERMANENT changes to items in kits and have them stick between sessions.
            Huh???
            Steve

'I only ever quote myself - except when I quote someone else' - me

, plenty of , and , , triggered acoustics, , and a plethora of PA blah blah freakin blah...I mean does anyone care about the specifics of pedals, speakers, processors, hardware or anything that I'm using?? :confused: Hmmm, maybe this is an appropriate place to mention that I tried out a new cymbal stand the other day...

Comment

Huh???
              .........Precisely!

------------------
              szvook

[This message has been edited by szvook (edited August 19, 2001).]
              Studio

Comment

Sorry - I meant changes to items like the
                metronome - the tempo, the click, etc. For example, one day the tempo opens at 180 bps,
                the next day 276 bps. Also, can you get change from the voice to a click or something as the DEFAULT?
                Originally posted by szvook:
                Huh???
                .........Precisely!

Comment

Sorry - I meant changes to items like the
                  metronome - the tempo, the click, etc. For example, one day the tempo opens at 180 bps,
                  the next day 276 bps. Also, can you get change from the voice to a click or something as the DEFAULT?
                  Need more information. What "V" set do you have? It makes a difference. Specificially we need to know if you have a TD-? and if TD-10, do you have the original expansion card or the updated exp card w/V-cymbal control?

As far as patterns assigned to the pads, several factory kits have a pattern assigned to a crash rim. To turn it off, hit the offending rim, press INST, CTRL>, PTN and dial to the left until you are set to OFF. It will return if you reinitialize your kits or overwrite it with the factory kit stored in memory. I sounded like you were talking about this more than crosstalk.

Once you get over the newness and initial overwhelming feeling most of us experience with new toys like these, I think you will find the TD's are more user friendly than similar items.
                  Kit Pic 1 Kit Pic 2 Kit Pic 3... And FOR SALE I have: 3 PD-9's, MDS-10 purple rack w/cables/pad and cym mounts. See classified posts for details or PM me.

Comment

Boingo has answered the first part of your question on turning off a pattern assigned somewhere. It will stay off unless you do something to bring it (or another pattern) back in.

As far as metronome, I'm not sure about all modules, but you may not be able to change the default sound, it is a quick and easy change to make in any given playing/recording session though.

Comment

Originally posted by dr. kildrum:
                      As far as metronome, I'm not sure about all modules, but you may not be able to change the default sound, it is a quick and easy change to make in any given playing/recording session though.
                      The TD10-ex will retain the last voice used on the metronome. This is why I asked what he was using. TD10 w/o exp will not. Don't have a clue on the other TD's.
                      Kit Pic 1 Kit Pic 2 Kit Pic 3... And FOR SALE I have: 3 PD-9's, MDS-10 purple rack w/cables/pad and cym mounts. See classified posts for details or PM me.

Comment

Working...
                      X