Announcement

Collapse

Technical Posting Guidelines

TECHNICAL DISCUSSION ONLY! DO NOT POST LOUNGE OR PRODUCT DISCUSSION!

Having issues? Please visit our Forum Talk section for answers to frequently asked questions.

See more
See less

The best idea ever ???????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The best idea ever ???????

While trying to figure out how to trigger two snare sounds I thought of this. Has anyone tried to throw a trigger on the snare head and plug into another input ??? Pick another snare and have them fire at the same time. Not sure if there would be a "flange" problem , but it looks good in print.
    If someone has tried this already .. my apologies for thinking I hatched this.

Pat Mastelloto does something like that. He has an acoustic snare with two ddrum triggers on it, to trigger his ddrum3.
    Since you can layer all the sounds you want with a ddrum3 I think he does this to fade between different snare sounds during one song, perhaps with the help of volume automation on his Roland digital mixer.

When triggering different sounds at the same time there won't be a flange problem, since it only occurs when the same sound is played back twice with a few milliseconds of delay between them. When layering different sounds this is usually not a problem.
    Music was my first love...

Comment

Man, just when I think my kit is starting to look sweet, someone posts an F'ing kit like that. Man, that looks sweet in the lights. Oh well, I can always go with "it's not how big it is, it's how you use it."
      :rolleyes:

Comment

Would programming a single (different) snare sound as a one note pattern attached to the snare pad work also?

Techtyronicum maximus
        Immensely powerful yet with a liquid cat-quick elegance

Comment

The Y-cable would seem to be a better idea.
          I picked up a piezo today and there is a delay between the 2 signals. Thanks for the tip.
          And that pic was worth the post. Jeebus !!

Comment

Hi Feefer!

Love to hear your findings re dynamic range maximization with the TD-10 exp.

To me that's the key to the whole ball of wax, and one of the best things about the expansion card.

Also the trickiest thing, I find, to get right, especially between kits and with PD-9 rim triggers which seem kinda funky.

Best regards
            Immensely powerful yet with a liquid cat-quick elegance

Comment

Originally posted by Jgel:
              Man, just when I think my kit is starting to look sweet, someone posts an F'ing kit like that. Man, that looks sweet in the lights. Oh well, I can always go with "it's not how big it is, it's how you use it."
              I don't know why I should need a huge kit like that!
              Once I set my acoustic drums up and added all my ddrum pads. My kit looked awesome, but it doesn't help me to play better stuff.

I tend to play more creative when I have as less drums as possible.
              Music was my first love...

Comment

Originally posted by feefer:
                with a max of 24 different assigned sounds available with a maxed-out TD-10.....
                Are you telling me that it is actuallypossible to split the inputs of the TD-10????
                WOW I would give anything (maybe even $15) to know how to do that!!!
                Steve

'I only ever quote myself - except when I quote someone else' - me

, plenty of , and , , triggered acoustics, , and a plethora of PA blah blah freakin blah...I mean does anyone care about the specifics of pedals, speakers, processors, hardware or anything that I'm using?? :confused: Hmmm, maybe this is an appropriate place to mention that I tried out a new cymbal stand the other day...

Comment

Originally posted by feefer:
                  the guy in the Drum Dep't @ GC said the Yammie reps came thru, saying they're working on reconfiguring the DTXtreme
                  Reconfiguring a lemon is still a reconfigured lemon.

(that's lemon in the total sales volume folks - not performance wise, don't want to start a fight!)
                  Steve

'I only ever quote myself - except when I quote someone else' - me

, plenty of , and , , triggered acoustics, , and a plethora of PA blah blah freakin blah...I mean does anyone care about the specifics of pedals, speakers, processors, hardware or anything that I'm using?? :confused: Hmmm, maybe this is an appropriate place to mention that I tried out a new cymbal stand the other day...

Comment

Working...
                  X