Announcement

Collapse

Technical Posting Guidelines

TECHNICAL DISCUSSION ONLY! DO NOT POST LOUNGE OR PRODUCT DISCUSSION!

Having issues? Please visit our Forum Talk section for answers to frequently asked questions.

See more
See less

Rubber rims on Vdrums cracking

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rubber rims on Vdrums cracking

Does anyone know where I can get replacement rubber rims for my V's? The rim on my snare is badly cracked.
    thanks!

I guess at your Roland dealer.

Are the rims made from rubber. Perhaps you should grease them a little in order ro prevent drying.
    Robert

Comment

You will have to order a whole new rim. Call Roland customer service:

323-890-3700

Comment

I havent tried the Pintechs. I don't know if they even make them anymore, they are not on thier site now? Have heard they break down quickly. From the same person I also was told Roland has the rims done and then sends them to Remo? This was all discussed on a DIYedrums group a couple of weeks back.

Comment

Thanks Guys! My salesrep at SamASH didn't have a clue!

Originally posted by mitchgermaine:
          Does anyone know where I can get replacement rubber rims for my V's? The rim on my snare is badly cracked.
          thanks!

Comment

The rim guards from Pintech were more like plastic than rubber. I had trouble making them stay on the rims and no longer use them. Has anyone tried the auto parts stores for something similar?

Sam

Comment

Originally posted by mitchgermaine:
              Thanks Guys! My salesrep at SamASH didn't have a clue!

Sam Ashe is THE WORST, I called them on the blue cone replacements - they were clueless and then said they needed to research it! They NEVER called me back - so I called Roland direct.

Comment

TRY USING A RUBBER SURROND RING THAT COMES ON A SUBWOOFER GRILLE.........SHOULD WORK.
                IF ITS A LITTLE LOOSE TAKE THE RIM OFF AND USE A HEAT GUN OR A KICK ASS BLOWDRYER TO FORM IT INTO SHAPE....

Comment

Originally posted by BtnkBndt:
                  You will have to order a whole new rim. Call Roland customer service:

323-890-3700
                  Did one of the reps in Roland Customer Service inform you personally that such a part could be ordered? You would think that having the necessary replacement parts available to us consumers would be simple common sense, but, then again, if Roland had common sense about everything this forum board probably wouldn't exist!

------------------
                  Currently using TD-8/Alesis D-4/Yamaha TMX.
                  TD-30 / SPD-SX

Comment

Thanks! My SamAsh guy ordered them from Roland.You can't order just the rims they send you a whole new hoop and rim about $14
                    Took 4 weeks

Comment

Working...
                    X