Announcement

Collapse

Technical Posting Guidelines

TECHNICAL DISCUSSION ONLY! DO NOT POST LOUNGE OR PRODUCT DISCUSSION!

Having issues? Please visit our Forum Talk section for answers to frequently asked questions.

See more
See less

Q: TD-8 & DDrum Tigger

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Q: TD-8 & DDrum Tigger

Hi all,

i'm new to vdrums and i'm planing to buy the TD-8. I read that the TD-10 has a special trigger-mode while the TD-8 has not. Can I use a TD-8 with DDrum-Triggers or will I run into problems with that setup?

All help is welcome

skillshot: You can use the ddrum triggers with the td 8, the trigger bank has settings for these type of triggers. I don't know how they work but I am assuming they will work fine. Let us know how they work if you get them.

Kurt
    Kurt

Pearl drums converted with hart adc, roland kd7's, pd 120 for snare, various roland rubber pads, hart e cymbals and pads, td8, td6, 2 mackie srm450s and mackie sub. mackie sr 24-4 mixer........and always growing.

Comment

Originally posted by rudi-mint:
      skillshot: You can use the ddrum triggers with the td 8, the trigger bank has settings for these type of triggers. I don't know how they work but I am assuming they will work fine. Let us know how they work if you get them.

Kurt
      Ok, thank you but now i'm a little bit confused. I just got an e-mail directly from Roland saying only the TD-10 has presets for using "foreign" triggers. I think I just have to ask my local dealer if he's willing to take'em back when it's not working properly. Thanks anyway

Comment

Hello, I have a TD-8 and I just got some ddrum triggers. The TD-8 does have an acoustic trigger mode in its banks. But I'm not familiar with any other acoustic trigger modules, so I'm still learning how to make it all come together. I've used pintech triggers in the past, but I had to cover my entire drum heads with cloth to make the triggers respond well. I just got some ddrum triggers, and they seem to work a lot better without cloth, but I'm still having trouble getting them to respond the way they need to. I've heard that it may be that the module and the triggers just don't work well together. But I don't have enough experience with any other module to know how well they work with acoustic triggers. If anyone has any tips, I'm definitely open to suggestions!

Comment

Working...
        X