Announcement

Collapse

Technical Posting Guidelines

TECHNICAL DISCUSSION ONLY! DO NOT POST LOUNGE OR PRODUCT DISCUSSION!

Having issues? Please visit our Forum Talk section for answers to frequently asked questions.

See more
See less

TD-8 sounds and outs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TD-8 sounds and outs

I'm just learning to use the features on a TD-10 and now I'm going into a studio that's geting a TD-8, which I haven't used before. Just wondered if the two units have similar sound capabilities and editing features? Also, are you limited to isolating 4 tracks with the TD-8, and if so, would you separate bass, snare, toms and put the high hat and cymbals on the same track or is there a better way?
    Ron

The first part of this question has just been answered by Dr. Kildrum on another thread so I really only need to know about the number of tracks that are possible and the best way to set this up.
    Ron

Comment

Originally posted by MacDrumster:
      are you limited to isolating 4 tracks with the TD-8, and if so, would you separate bass, snare, toms and put the high hat and cymbals on the same track or is there a better way?

Yes you are limited to 4 outs on the td 8, and you can only use the onboard efx on the master outs. A lot of people turn off the on board efx and use out-board stuff. szvook is very knowledgible in this area. I seperate my outs the way you described above. I send them to a carvin mixer, and bbe, eq, efx, and then to the main board.

Kurt
      Kurt

Pearl drums converted with hart adc, roland kd7's, pd 120 for snare, various roland rubber pads, hart e cymbals and pads, td8, td6, 2 mackie srm450s and mackie sub. mackie sr 24-4 mixer........and always growing.

Comment

Working...
      X