Announcement

Collapse

Technical Posting Guidelines

TECHNICAL DISCUSSION ONLY! DO NOT POST LOUNGE OR PRODUCT DISCUSSION!

Having issues? Please visit our Forum Talk section for answers to frequently asked questions.

See more
See less

KD-120 connected to a KD-7

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KD-120 connected to a KD-7

At this moment I use two KD-7 Kick triggers connected to each other. I want to replace one KD-7 trigger for a KD-120. Is it still possible to connect the KD-120 to the KD-7?

My bands: Meneer Van Zanten and The Shed (sorry, both in Dutch but you can see the pictures, videoclips and listen to our songs)

The KD-120 does not have the input jack to run in chain. You could do it but you would need to go from KD-7 to PD-120 or use a Y cable. I think that the sensitivity would also be way out of whack. Why would you want to do this anyway?????

------------------
    Ted H.
    www.tocsinrocks.com
    Ted H.

Comment

wouldn't you just go:

KD-120--->KD-7--->TD-10? Seems like it would work to me.

As far as why anyone would do this... seems clear the guy wants double bass, and wants a kd-120 and a kd-7 to do it with.

Different strokes/folks
      \oo/_ :mad: _\oo/

Comment

You could probably Holy Grail both, and get kick sounds on the KD-120 (head sound), and say snare sounds on the KD-7 (rim sound). May I be so bold as to refer to the search function and feefer's more than excellent posts about this matter?

One of these days I've got to try the Holy Grail business.

Stu

P.S. We should have the Shack Attack/Holy Grail trick on the main Vdrums.com page, instead of hiding in the forums. Anyone else agree?
        "Fry that sound effect, Moriarty, we're having it for breakfast"

Comment

I don't think they will trigger very well on the same input. Two different kinds of trigger on the same input may not wotk that well. The KD-120 takes a double kick pedal why attach an KD-7 for double bass.

------------------
          Ted H.
          www.tocsinrocks.com
          Ted H.

Comment

Originally posted by mcconaghy:
            You could probably Holy Grail both, and get kick sounds on the KD-120 (head sound), and say snare sounds on the KD-7 (rim sound). May I be so bold as to refer to the search function and feefer's more than excellent posts about this matter?

One of these days I've got to try the Holy Grail business.

Stu

P.S. We should have the Shack Attack/Holy Grail trick on the main Vdrums.com page, instead of hiding in the forums. Anyone else agree?
            ---------------------------------------

Did I imagine these posts Aug 14th?
            ( http://www.vdrums.com/discussion/For...ML/000802.html ):

Originally posted by feefer:
            Hi Steveo the Devo and all,

As the recent responses indicate, I deleted all Shack and Holy Grail threads because I think the whole idea is simply not an attainable possibility for the majority of users. ...

Chris
            Kit Pic 1 Kit Pic 2 Kit Pic 3... And FOR SALE I have: 3 PD-9's, MDS-10 purple rack w/cables/pad and cym mounts. See classified posts for details or PM me.

Comment

I agree that the shack & grail info needs to be somewhere permanent (I think I have text copies of most of it). But also, I think it needs to be worked on and experimented a little further so that what is posted is accurate and concise.

Andy
              TD-20, Pair of JBL-Eon15 G2's & Sub

Check out the demo tracks to hear my V's at

http://www.thebrokenangelband.co.uk/

Comment

Maybe a dedicated and separate Shack/grail forum topic?
                However, the problem will be those who haven't really spent enough time with their modules to get comfortable with them suddenly attempting the grail thing and expecting big results. Like Feef said, it's a 'plug and play' culture out there.
                Steve

'I only ever quote myself - except when I quote someone else' - me

, plenty of , and , , triggered acoustics, , and a plethora of PA blah blah freakin blah...I mean does anyone care about the specifics of pedals, speakers, processors, hardware or anything that I'm using?? :confused: Hmmm, maybe this is an appropriate place to mention that I tried out a new cymbal stand the other day...

Comment

Originally posted by rus:
                  wouldn't you just go:

KD-120--->KD-7--->TD-10? Seems like it would work to me.

As far as why anyone would do this... seems clear the guy wants double bass, and wants a kd-120 and a kd-7 to do it with.

Different strokes/folks
                  Right! Thatís what I want to do. Before I buy the KD-120 Iím gonna try the chain with a PD-120. I thought if that will work it will work as well with a KD-120. Am I right?

Originally posted by mcconaghy:
                  May I be so bold as to refer to the search function and feefer's more than excellent posts about this matter?
                  I'm sorry mcconaghy for missing now and then a few things on this forum. I have a lot of questions to ask and I just signed op a few day's ago. Since I signed up I read my brains out on this forum. For a lot of questions that I didn't ask the search function helped me out.

------------------
                  My bands: Meneer Van Zanten and The Shed (sorry, both in Dutch but you can see the pictures, videoclips and listen to our songs)

Comment

Working...
                  X