Announcement

Collapse

Technical Posting Guidelines

TECHNICAL DISCUSSION ONLY! DO NOT POST LOUNGE OR PRODUCT DISCUSSION!

Having issues? Please visit our Forum Talk section for answers to frequently asked questions.

See more
See less

double bass drums

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• double bass drums

OK, this is probably a question in the "silly" catagory..

I've moved into a smaller apartment, with thin walls, and can't use my old acoustic drums, thus my plan to take the big leap into electronic drums. The V-Club set seems like a LOT of value for the money, but I need a way to train double bass drumming. On the Roland page I only found that the KD-7 kick trigger "provides an input for double-bass style drumming", but it seems to fit just with single pedals.

So what changes does I have to do to the V-Club set? Can I use my old double bass pedals on the KD-7?

hope somebody will help me

Originally posted by bmetal:
    OK, this is probably a question in the "silly" catagory...
    yeah, probably.

I think you're only option here is a 2nd KD-7.

gee, I sure hope your apt. is downstairs.

Comment

You could buy a 2nd KD-7 to have two pedals with a "Y" cable (possibly the least expensive route). You could buy an upright kick trigger pad and use a standard double pedal (see if you could work a substitution deal when you buy to save some $ or sell the KD afterwards on e-bay), or you could get two upright type kick trigger pads with two single pedals and "Y" cabling (probably the most expensive option and really unnecessary unless you like the look).

Comment

You don't have to Y cable the 2 KD-7's they daisy chain together, meaning that the KD-7 has an input and an output jack. If there is no one underneath you that is your cheapest route unless you use a double kick pedal then the KD-7 is not the cheapest option. You may want a KD-80 or a non Roland brand kick that supports double kick pedals.

------------------
        Ted H.
        www.tocsinrocks.com
        Ted H.

Comment

I believe that the KD-7 has a second jack socket. This is to allow a second KD-7 to be plugged into the first. Then with 2 pedals and 2 KDD-7's you get double bass drumming.

However, I've not used this. I opted to get a KD120 instead and use a double pedal.

Both options will give you the same sound for both pedals, more or less, depending on beater and evenness of footwork.

------------------
          See you soon.
          Gavster
          See you soon.
          Gavster

Comment

Yeah, Ted is right about the KD-7. I knew that but got a little sloppy in my response. You will only need a cable to connect them, not "Y" adapter and cable. Good point too about noise if you are above anyone and that is a concern.

Comment

Man, I would go with the KD-120. I know that you could sell the KD-7 on E-bay. I have a double pedal set up on it and I think that it is great. It even feels just like a real bass drum so you have that too.

b
              B

Comment

Go with the KD-7's
                Go with the KD-7's
                Go with the KD-7's
                Go with the KD-7's
                Go with the KD-7's
                Go with the KD-7's
                Go with the KD-7's
                Go with the KD-7's
                Go with the KD-7's
                Go with the KD-7's
                Go with the KD-7's
                Steve

'I only ever quote myself - except when I quote someone else' - me

, plenty of , and , , triggered acoustics, , and a plethora of PA blah blah freakin blah...I mean does anyone care about the specifics of pedals, speakers, processors, hardware or anything that I'm using?? :confused: Hmmm, maybe this is an appropriate place to mention that I tried out a new cymbal stand the other day...

Comment

Originally posted by Steveo the Devo:
                  Go with the KD-7's
                  Go with the KD-7's
                  Go with the KD-7's
                  Go with the KD-7's
                  Go with the KD-7's
                  Go with the KD-7's
                  Go with the KD-7's
                  Go with the KD-7's
                  Go with the KD-7's
                  Go with the KD-7's