Announcement

Collapse

Technical Posting Guidelines

TECHNICAL DISCUSSION ONLY! DO NOT POST LOUNGE OR PRODUCT DISCUSSION!

Having issues? Please visit our Forum Talk section for answers to frequently asked questions.

See more
See less

MDY cymbal holder

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MDY cymbal holder

At this moment I use PD-9 and PD-7 pads as cymbals mounted on MDY-7 holders. I want to buy two CY-6 or CY-14 crashes (can someone advise me what's best, comparing those two) and a CY-15 cymbal and I want to mount those on the MDY-7 holders. Is this possible or do I have to replace the MDY-7 stands for MDY-10 stands?

------------------
    My bands: Meneer Van Zanten and The Shed (sorry, both in Dutch but you can see the pictures, videoclips and listen to our songs)

Originally posted by mrVRock:
    At this moment I use PD-9 and PD-7 pads as cymbals mounted on MDY-7 holders. I want to buy two CY-6 or CY-14 crashes (can someone advise me what's best, comparing those two) and a CY-15 cymbal and I want to mount those on the MDY-7 holders. Is this possible or do I have to replace the MDY-7 stands for MDY-10 stands?
    I'm not sure if I follow you. MDH-7Us are pad mounts (L-bracket). MDY-7Us are cymbal stands. Are you saying that you mount your pads on the MDY-7U cymbal stands? Whatever the case, MDY-7Us will work just fine for CY-6s or CY-15s. L bracket type mounts will not.

As for better, do a search. Plenty on that here. IMO opinion there are no better cymbal triggers out there right now than the V-cymbals. The CY-6 is great but doesn't swing quite as well as its big brothers. For the difference in price though, many agree that the CY-6 is the best value for money around. If price is not object, get the CY-15s, etc.

Comment

Originally posted by dr. kildrum:
      Whatever the case, MDY-7Us will work just fine for CY-6s or CY-15s. L bracket type mounts will not.
      Thanks for your answer dr. kildrum.
      I did a lot of reading about the CY's on this forum but I can't figure out what the difference is between a MDY-7Us cymbal holder and a MDY-10Us cymbal holder. If de CY's fit on a MDY-7Us, why did Roland make the MDY-10Us?

------------------
      My bands: Meneer Van Zanten and The Shed (sorry, both in Dutch but you can see the pictures, videoclips and listen to our songs)

Comment

Originally posted by mrVRock:
        Thanks for your answer dr. kildrum.
        I did a lot of reading about the CY's on this forum but I can't figure out what the difference is between a MDY-7Us cymbal holder and a MDY-10Us cymbal holder. If de CY's fit on a MDY-7Us, why did Roland make the MDY-10Us?

The MDY-10U is the new, improved version with the new hinged clamp as found on the V-Concert and V-Session kits.

Stu
        "Fry that sound effect, Moriarty, we're having it for breakfast"

Comment

Originally posted by mcconaghy:
          The MDY-10U is the new, improved version with the new hinged clamp as found on the V-Concert and V-Session kits. Stu
          Stu is correct. Roland calls it a "hatched mount". You can place these on the rack and take them off without any sliding along the tubes. The clamp part hinges open. I think they cost about $2 more than the older version at Midwest. I've heard it suggested that they are stronger too, but not sure about that.

Comment

dr. kildrum and mcconaghy, both thanks for your answers. I now know it's not necessery to buy the MDY-10Us for the CY's.

------------------

Comment

Working...
            X