Announcement

Collapse

Technical Posting Guidelines

TECHNICAL DISCUSSION ONLY! DO NOT POST LOUNGE OR PRODUCT DISCUSSION!

Having issues? Please visit our Forum Talk section for answers to frequently asked questions.

See more
See less

Changing drum heads - how often????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Changing drum heads - how often????

I've had my v drums for over a year and a half and have NEVER changed a head. I play the kit about 8 hours a week. I'm especially concerned with the bass drum head. Tonight I took it apart and cleaned it - some screws needed to be tightened and the head looks ok (no dents, etc) but I'm thinking, maybe I should replace it.

Yes, I did a search w/ no success. What do you think? Thanks

"If it aint broke - don't fix it"
    Andy
    TD-20, Pair of JBL-Eon15 G2's & Sub

Check out the demo tracks to hear my V's at

http://www.thebrokenangelband.co.uk/

Comment

is there any performance problems?
      If not.... play it till it dies.

My snare head is stretched right out on my pintech, and I am having a hard time getting one as it's a 14"

ANYONE?????

------------------
      td 8,
      pintech pads,gibraltor rack JBL G2 EON 15 AND Mackie srs-1500, yamaha maple customs, remo jazz kit, buttloads of cymbals... 96 Tahoe,leather.
      The original Gig Pig.

Comment

I am going on 2 years and have never replaced a head.

------------------
        Ted H.
        www.tocsinrocks.com
        Ted H.

Comment

I've had mine for nearly 3 years now. Never changed a head. I love the fact that you cant dent those things!

Comment

Originally posted by acidbran:
            is there any performance problems?
            If not.... play it till it dies.

My snare head is stretched right out on my pintech, and I am having a hard time getting one as it's a 14"

ANYONE?????
            Give Triggerhead a try, you can order from their website, which seems to be the only way to get them Stateside (AFAIK). I've searched in vain for a US distributor. www.triggerhead.com

Stu
            "Fry that sound effect, Moriarty, we're having it for breakfast"

Comment

Same Series X 2-ply mesh head on my Acusnare for 3 years now. Still feels, looks and plays like new.

Love that Kontrol Screen from Hart.

------------------
              szvook
              Studio

Comment

3 Years, no problems.
                Steve

'I only ever quote myself - except when I quote someone else' - me

, plenty of , and , , triggered acoustics, , and a plethora of PA blah blah freakin blah...I mean does anyone care about the specifics of pedals, speakers, processors, hardware or anything that I'm using?? :confused: Hmmm, maybe this is an appropriate place to mention that I tried out a new cymbal stand the other day...

Comment

Working...
                X