Welcome! If this is your first visit, you will need to register to participate.

DO NOT use symbols in usernames. Doing so will result in an inability to sign in & post!

If you cannot sign in or post, please visit our vBulletin Talk section for answers to vBulletin related FAQs.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Changing drum heads - how often????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Changing drum heads - how often????

I've had my v drums for over a year and a half and have NEVER changed a head. I play the kit about 8 hours a week. I'm especially concerned with the bass drum head. Tonight I took it apart and cleaned it - some screws needed to be tightened and the head looks ok (no dents, etc) but I'm thinking, maybe I should replace it.

Yes, I did a search w/ no success. What do you think? Thanks

"If it aint broke - don't fix it"
    Andy
    TD-20, Pair of JBL-Eon15 G2's & Sub

Check out the demo tracks to hear my V's at

http://www.thebrokenangelband.co.uk/

Comment

is there any performance problems?
      If not.... play it till it dies.

My snare head is stretched right out on my pintech, and I am having a hard time getting one as it's a 14"

ANYONE?????

------------------
      td 8,
      pintech pads,gibraltor rack JBL G2 EON 15 AND Mackie srs-1500, yamaha maple customs, remo jazz kit, buttloads of cymbals... 96 Tahoe,leather.
      The original Gig Pig.

Comment

I am going on 2 years and have never replaced a head.

------------------
        Ted H.
        www.tocsinrocks.com
        Ted H.

Comment

I've had mine for nearly 3 years now. Never changed a head. I love the fact that you cant dent those things!

Comment

Originally posted by acidbran:
            is there any performance problems?
            If not.... play it till it dies.

My snare head is stretched right out on my pintech, and I am having a hard time getting one as it's a 14"

ANYONE?????
            Give Triggerhead a try, you can order from their website, which seems to be the only way to get them Stateside (AFAIK). I've searched in vain for a US distributor. www.triggerhead.com

Stu
            "Fry that sound effect, Moriarty, we're having it for breakfast"

Comment

Same Series X 2-ply mesh head on my Acusnare for 3 years now. Still feels, looks and plays like new.

Love that Kontrol Screen from Hart.

------------------
              szvook
              Studio

Comment

3 Years, no problems.
                Steve

'I only ever quote myself - except when I quote someone else' - me

, plenty of , and , , triggered acoustics, , and a plethora of PA blah blah freakin blah...I mean does anyone care about the specifics of pedals, speakers, processors, hardware or anything that I'm using?? :confused: Hmmm, maybe this is an appropriate place to mention that I tried out a new cymbal stand the other day...

Comment

Working...
                X