Announcement

Collapse

Technical Posting Guidelines

TECHNICAL DISCUSSION ONLY! DO NOT POST LOUNGE OR PRODUCT DISCUSSION!

Having issues? Please visit our Forum Talk section for answers to frequently asked questions.

See more
See less

TD10 w/sampler. Latency question.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TD10 w/sampler. Latency question.

Greetings !!
    I'm looking to pick up a sampler to use for more sounds. ESI2000 seems to be the winner. Wondering if any of you folks have used a td10 with a sampler. If so .. was there a noticed latency problem ?? I know with midi i'll lose some things but the sounds(clearmountain samples)I gain will hopefully be worth it.At least for the project i'm working on. Thanks for any input.

Wow ...
    Thanks for all the responses. You guys are great. Hope I can do the same for you.

Comment

Originally posted by JnAustin:
      Wow ...
      Thanks for all the responses. You guys are great. Hope I can do the same for you.

Here you go little boy, donít cry - help is coming in a form of a little thing called Ė
      !SEARCH!

Wonderful thing can happen when itís used, such as:
      http://www.vdrums.com/discussion/For...ML/001002.html
      http://www.vdrums.com/discussion/For...ML/000733.html

------------------
      szvook
      Studio

Comment

Depends on a lot of things.

OS, system components (specifically sound card), drivers, application, etc.

I have used Sound Fonts via SBLive, and since it's hardware, there's not any noticable latency.

I have tried to use "LiveSynth" as well in Sonar, with the lowest latency I could get, and with drums, unlike synth pads, there is too much latency to be very usable.

Of course the other option is to record your midi, using the td-10 as your monitored sound, and then point the recorded midi out to whatever sampler you want...that would eliminate latency.

Hardware samplers shouldn't be a problem, as their latency is basically only what midi itself would impose, which I think is about 5ms.

Hope that helps.
        redbrick
        My Updated Website: https://blades.technology

Comment

Redbrick..Thanks for your input. I'll give it a shot. I can always use a sampler for something regardless if it tracks well .
          And, szvook. Let me know if you're ever in Texas. I'd really like to kick your teeth in.

Comment

This could get nasty...
            Steve

'I only ever quote myself - except when I quote someone else' - me

, plenty of , and , , triggered acoustics, , and a plethora of PA blah blah freakin blah...I mean does anyone care about the specifics of pedals, speakers, processors, hardware or anything that I'm using?? :confused: Hmmm, maybe this is an appropriate place to mention that I tried out a new cymbal stand the other day...

Comment

And, szvook. Let me know if you're ever in Texas. I'd really like to kick your teeth in.

Oh relax dude, its only bad humor Ė donít take things like that to seriously...everyone gets one here. You jumped the gun with that second post and once that happens - you are open game here (being a member since April 2000, surely you have seen enough antics go on here) and getting flamed is one of them.

And as far as my dental work and your ever so obliging services.....well donít let that big ďI am from TexasĒ frame of mind slow you down now, next time you pick up that mighty keyboard and shoot your mouth off Ė but that again would be Texas like, now would it?

Oh no, I got threatened

------------------
              szvook

[This message has been edited by szvook (edited August 03, 2001).]
              Studio

Comment

Why are you so dumb?

What's with threatening someone you know you'll never meet?

So you post a question, not bothering to search and see if anyone has discussed this...oh, I don't know....EXACT SAME ISSUE before.

You wait two whole days and then just lay into us all like we're purposely being rude to you. As if we just decided we don't like you and don't want to answer your post, which is just ignorant.

Someone jokes and tells you to use the search (which you should have done in the first place but didn't) and you tell him you're going to kick his teeth in... not only because that's TOTALLY mature, but also because it makes soooo much sense.

Never mind the fact that it's SZVOOK, of all people. The guy's a veteran on these boards, and knows more about what we're all trying to do here than you ever will, you inbred dolt.

Grow up.

And, just to show you how UNLIKE you I am, I'll answer your question.

Unfortunately, I'm unfamiliar with the sampler you mentioned, but I do have a hardware sampler, the AKAI MPC2000 (not the newest version, but they're very similar).

I don't notice any latency on my setup. In fact, I was surprised at how well it works.

I've been tempted to try a software sampler, but it just seems like more of a hassle than it's worth - I've tried sampling stuff with a MIDI keyboard and there was an unbearable latency, so rather than go out and try to set my V-drums up that way, I'm just sort of waiting for someone to come on with a success story.

Maybe that will be you. Good luck.

BINARY

Comment

Midi latency is a myth, it takes longer for the sound to reach your ears from the speaker cabinet than it does for the midi signal traveling at the speed of light to reach your sound module.
                  Drumkat Turbo 4.5, Emulator X3, Superior 2.1, Roland Fantom XR, DTXtreme III, SPD-20 etc.......

Comment

I have never laughed so hard in my life.
                    Why am I so dumb,Binary?? I see topics addressed daily on this board that are beyond moronic. Why don't you those folks.
                    Amazing thing is as soon as I post my second message I got a response. Question answered. I have no tolerance for a smartass
                    response from the girl from cali. Nor your so called wit,pal.In short... go **** yourself.
                    I truly could not care less what else you have to say on this topic.

Comment

I have never laughed so hard in my life.
                      Why am I so dumb,Binary?? I see topics addressed daily on this board that are beyond moronic. Why don't you those folks.
                      Amazing thing is as soon as I post my second message I got a response. Question answered. I have no tolerance for a smartass
                      response from the girl from cali. Nor your so called wit,pal.In short... go **** yourself.
                      I truly could not care less what else you have to say on this topic.

Hey Binary, you want to rip this corn-fed, numb-nuts here a new one or should I?

Hey hick boy, is it the humidity in the big ďTĒ thatís getting to you? I mean that could explain a lot of things flying out of your pea size brain. Or maybe your sense of humor is yet to develop.

You see moronic topics on this forum-addressed daily. Moronic to whom - you perhaps, and if its moronic to you then donít be surprised, I mean after shoveling and inhaling manure all day plus screwing your sister afterwards, Ií am surprised you have enough cells I your head to make a complete sentence let alone use a sampler.

The problem with latency that you are having does not reside with the sampler; it resides with you thinking on all fours instead of upright.

Oh shoot, I was going to wait for Binary to respond.

"girl from cali" your point is?

------------------
                      szvook

Studio

Comment

Why are you so dumb? I'll tell you why.

because you say things like:

"Why don't you those folks."
                        I'm not sure what that's supposed to mean...

You have no tolerance for a smartass response from the girl from Cali?

I doubt you would even understand one of szvooks posts.

You know what? You'll either stop being a tool, or you'll leave, just like KIKWEAR. I'm not really worried about it.

11 posts in, and you're pissing people off?

Nice talking to you. Now change your name and behave, just like everyone else that acts like you.

BINARY
                        BINARY

Comment

JnAustin... YOU have been Flamed!!!

Comment

Wow.Sorry i've missed the fun. I was at band practice. Now ... a story.
                            Fade in. A woman comes home from a hard nights work. She unpacks her bag throwing the bottle of k-y on the table. "A rough night at work,mom?" asks little szvook.

You guys are a blast. Now get outside and off those computers. You obviously spend too much time alone. It's cute how you stick up for one another. True ***s. Maybe while your out you'll get hit by a truck.

One can only hope .....

Comment

Wow.Sorry i've missed the fun. I was at band practice. Now ... a story.
                              Fade in. A woman comes home from a hard nights work. She unpacks her bag throwing the bottle of k-y on the table. "A rough night at work,mom?" asks little szvook.

You guys are a blast. Now get outside and off those computers. You obviously spend too much time alone. It's cute how you stick up for one another. True ***s. Maybe while your out you'll get hit by a truck.

One can only hope .....

As Binary mentioned before............inbred dolt, no doubt about.

This s-h-i-t for brains is a lost cause.

------------------
                              szvook
                              Studio

Comment

Working...
                              X