Welcome! If this is your first visit, you will need to register to participate.

DO NOT use symbols in usernames. Doing so will result in an inability to sign in & post!

If you cannot sign in or post, please visit our Forum Talk section for answers to frequently asked questions.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

HELP!! Good timbalitos sounds from TD-10 exp

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HELP!! Good timbalitos sounds from TD-10 exp

Has anyone created good timbalitos sounds on the TD-10 exp. If so can you post the info here, sound used and tweeks. I have added 2 PD-7 for these sounds but have not really found a great sound that I really like. Some of the problem is that the PD-7's are running off my SPD-11 so it is a little more trouble to play around with the sounds and change them. This weekend I will use a kit I don't use and fine tune them there if no has done this already. I like the sound of them after getting Mike Portnoy's double video set and the Liquid Tension CD's. I thought I would just add 2 more tom sounds but I cannot get good sounds trying to edit the tom sounds with just pitch and decay. So I thought that the timbalitos will work great, adding a higher pitch voice to my kit. Thanks for all the help in advanced. This site has become my favorite site and has saved me HUGE amounts of time and I am greatly appreciative of all of your insights. Keep up the good work people!

PS: I just set up my kit on my Gibralter rack and am very very happy. I stuffed the tubes with packing peanuts and have no crosstalk except for my HH sounding when I hit the 2 PD-7 pads for the timbalito sounds but I should be able to fix that by moving the pads around a litlle. My kit is maxed out. All the TD and SPD inputs have stuff on them and I love it. Almost as big as my acoustic kit was. 3 crashes, ride, 2 HH, china I love to be able to swing through my cymbals again!!

------------------
    Ted H.
    www.tocsinrocks.com
    Ted H.

Originally posted by Stixx777:
    My kit is maxed out. All the TD and SPD inputs have stuff on them and I love it. Almost as big as my acoustic kit was. 3 crashes, ride, 2 HH, china I love to be able to swing through my cymbals again!!
    Hey Ted,
    How 'bout a pic of your kit? I went to your band's site but the picture from the cover art was too small to see much, and probably outdated. (Sorry, can't help you with timbalitos sounds but I am interested in your setup.)

Comment

I will try to get a picture up. I have a couple more tweeks to make first though. Yes the picture is out dated on the web site.

------------------
      Ted H.
      www.tocsinrocks.com
      Ted H.

Comment

In the percussion section of the TD-10 Expansion instrument list there is a new timbale sound that is very high pitched...I think it is Timbale 3? And right next on the list is a Timbale 3 Rim sound; now that really makes a nice crack. You may want that. I can't remember the numbers but if you do some scrolling through the instrument list you should find it.

Otherwise the 'Pop' toms, esp. Tom 1, are kind of close.

DJourg

[This message has been edited by DJourg (edited August 01, 2001).]

Comment

Working...
        X