Announcement

Collapse

Technical Posting Guidelines

TECHNICAL DISCUSSION ONLY! DO NOT POST LOUNGE OR PRODUCT DISCUSSION!

Having issues? Please visit our Forum Talk section for answers to frequently asked questions.

See more
See less

HELP!! Good timbalitos sounds from TD-10 exp

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HELP!! Good timbalitos sounds from TD-10 exp

Has anyone created good timbalitos sounds on the TD-10 exp. If so can you post the info here, sound used and tweeks. I have added 2 PD-7 for these sounds but have not really found a great sound that I really like. Some of the problem is that the PD-7's are running off my SPD-11 so it is a little more trouble to play around with the sounds and change them. This weekend I will use a kit I don't use and fine tune them there if no has done this already. I like the sound of them after getting Mike Portnoy's double video set and the Liquid Tension CD's. I thought I would just add 2 more tom sounds but I cannot get good sounds trying to edit the tom sounds with just pitch and decay. So I thought that the timbalitos will work great, adding a higher pitch voice to my kit. Thanks for all the help in advanced. This site has become my favorite site and has saved me HUGE amounts of time and I am greatly appreciative of all of your insights. Keep up the good work people!

PS: I just set up my kit on my Gibralter rack and am very very happy. I stuffed the tubes with packing peanuts and have no crosstalk except for my HH sounding when I hit the 2 PD-7 pads for the timbalito sounds but I should be able to fix that by moving the pads around a litlle. My kit is maxed out. All the TD and SPD inputs have stuff on them and I love it. Almost as big as my acoustic kit was. 3 crashes, ride, 2 HH, china I love to be able to swing through my cymbals again!!

------------------
    Ted H.
    www.tocsinrocks.com
    Ted H.

Originally posted by Stixx777:
    My kit is maxed out. All the TD and SPD inputs have stuff on them and I love it. Almost as big as my acoustic kit was. 3 crashes, ride, 2 HH, china I love to be able to swing through my cymbals again!!
    Hey Ted,
    How 'bout a pic of your kit? I went to your band's site but the picture from the cover art was too small to see much, and probably outdated. (Sorry, can't help you with timbalitos sounds but I am interested in your setup.)

Comment

I will try to get a picture up. I have a couple more tweeks to make first though. Yes the picture is out dated on the web site.

------------------
      Ted H.
      www.tocsinrocks.com
      Ted H.

Comment

In the percussion section of the TD-10 Expansion instrument list there is a new timbale sound that is very high pitched...I think it is Timbale 3? And right next on the list is a Timbale 3 Rim sound; now that really makes a nice crack. You may want that. I can't remember the numbers but if you do some scrolling through the instrument list you should find it.

Otherwise the 'Pop' toms, esp. Tom 1, are kind of close.

DJourg

[This message has been edited by DJourg (edited August 01, 2001).]

Comment

Working...
        X