No announcement yet.

TD3 Midi Error - partial lock up

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi , have you found a solution for this issue yet? I believe there a couple of new people following this thread and waiting for a solution to come up.So, any updates would be much appreciated!
    Thanks a lot!

Comment

I took my device to Roland Technical Service(Istanbul -DTL Elektronics). They fixed it in one day and I was able to get my device the next day. They said that there was a feedback problem in the kit which they confronted a couple of times.
      I hope this helps...

Note: It took 20 dolars...

Comment

Thanks for letting us know that Roland addressed the problem (somehow).

Bruce

Comment

Solution found!
          I got same error on my TD-3 unit. Quite often faults on electronic devices are power related so I started checking components on circuit board near power connector. I found that two components near connector were faulty (R220 resistor 18Ohm and 1n3170 SMD diode) After replacing them MIDI ERR was history.

Comment

Originally posted by sampani View Post
            Solution found!
            I got same error on my TD-3 unit. Quite often faults on electronic devices are power related so I started checking components on circuit board near power connector. I found that two components near connector were faulty (R220 resistor 18Ohm and 1n3170 SMD diode) After replacing them MIDI ERR was history.
            Cool. Not something I would attempt to fix myself but it's nice to be able to tell the service tech what to look for.
            8 piece DIY Acrylic, 2x2Box DrumIt5, Gen16 4xDCP, DIY Acrylic&Gen16 Conversions, Sleishman Twin-QuadSteele hybrid, Gibraltar&DrumFrame rack, DW9502LB, Midi Knights Pro Lighting
            http://www.airbrushartists.org/DreamscapeAirbrushRealm

Comment

Working...
            X