Welcome! If this is your first visit, you will need to register to participate.

DO NOT use symbols in usernames. Doing so will result in an inability to sign in & post!

If you cannot sign in or post, please visit our vBulletin Talk section for answers to vBulletin related FAQs.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

new TD-6 question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• new TD-6 question

Dear GrafX,

The TD-10 has a mix-in volume knob which in conjunction with the phones (drum volume)knob makes it easy to adjust relative volumes.

Sounds like what you need is a CD player with an adjustable output - not found on all home stereo system CD players. While my home CD player happens to have this feature - because it has a remote control with volume, I use a portable CD player to run to my TD-10 brain. I think virtually all portable players have a volume control which should do the trick - the players headphone out jack goes to the brains mix in.

BTW, looking at your name, - you're not the new improved experimental Steffi Graf model I've heard so much about, are you?

Immensely powerful yet with a liquid cat-quick elegance

Comment

I'll second the portable CD player route. I had tried the home stereo unit to no avail, until I dug out my ancient Sony Discman, which had a volume slider on the side. My problems were gone in a flash.

Stu
      "Fry that sound effect, Moriarty, we're having it for breakfast"

Comment

Originally posted by GrafX:
        I'm having trouble however getting the input volume from my CD player to mix correctly with the drum volume (cd is way overpowering).
        If you are not using the headphone out/jack from the CD player and there is one, try it. Or run the CD player out(s) to a receiver with a headphone out/jack, and connect from the receiver headphone out to your TD-6 in. (Or as already suggested, use a portable CD player which will likely ONLY have a headphone level out.)

[This message has been edited by dr. kildrum (edited July 26, 2001).]

Comment

Phillips make a killer portable that is only around $40 with the AC adatpor and car kit included, also it has a 40sec anti skip.

------------------
          Ted H.
          www.tocsinrocks.com
          Ted H.

Comment

I'm surprised that the mix-in is not infinitely adjustable by knob or by software setting. But if it is not, Radio Shack has a cheap $3.50 inline audio attenuator. Not adjustable, but 40db or more....You would need two I guess and then the appropriate stereo combiner dongle for your input jack. Howard
            ps here is a link: http://www.radioshack.com/product.as...5Fid=274%2D300

Comment

Thanks for all the help! I'll try the port CD 1st---I know I've got one sitting around somewhere.

gingerbaker: nice take on the name (GrafX) -never thought about that one.

Comment

Working...
              X