This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 25-Pin 'D' Connector Wiring Guides

I've started this post in an attempt to build a collection of Main Cable Wiring Guides for the recent range of Roland TD modules that use a 25-pin 'D' connector to a fixed loom.

A few of you on here have found that the supplied looms can restrict alternative placements of the pads due to the cable's fixed length... and so are either making modifications to the existing cable (as I've done on my TD-9), such as this for example... or are either making 'breakout boxes' and/or completely new looms.

So, to assist with this, I have produced these wiring guides. As Roland (inevitably) release more TD/HD modules with this method of connection, and as information comes through (with the help of owners on here)... I'll eventually add those wiring guides to this post.

Thanks to MediaTechGuy for his help in compiling the data for the TD-4 module's main cable. He simply emailed me his findings and I drew it up in the same way as I did for the TD-9 guide I posted some time ago.

Also thanks to greydog for his data on the HD-1 main cable (extracted from post found by BarT).

If anyone has any suggestions for any other wiring guides that could be included in this post and has the details, again, please send me a PM and if I can, I'll add them to this post. Thanks in advance.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by MisterMR; 04-26-09, 04:53 PM.

Nice job; very useful. Member greydog previously listed HD-1 pin connections.

Bruce

Comment

Cool! Thanks for the info BarT. Have edited original post.

F.A.O. moderator:-
      Worth making this a 'sticky'...?

Comment

Originally posted by MisterMR View Post
        Cool! Thanks for the info BarT. Have edited original post.

F.A.O. moderator:-
        Worth making this a 'sticky'...?
        Sure. Will the photobucket diagrams last indefinitely, or would it be worth uploading them as attachments here?

Bruce

Comment

Originally posted by BarT View Post
          Sure. Will the photobucket diagrams last indefinitely, or would it be worth uploading them as attachments here?

Bruce
          Good idea, BarT.

Done. See original post.

Comment

Nice work dudes!!! I didn't wind up getting a TD9 after all but if I had I would have been ALL over this. Excellent !!!
            :eek: Victim of MeshAppeal™ :D

TD8+Vex.M50 - Diamond 12" - Converted 10" 14" 18"
            Pcy130+FD7 - Pcy130x2 - Pcy150 - Pcy10 - KT 9"

eTAMA plays and recommends...
            www.diamondelectronicdrums.com

Comment

I've started this post in an attempt to build a collection of Main Cable Wiring Guides for the recent range of Roland TD modules that use a 25-pin 'D' connector to a fixed loom.

A few of you on here have found that the supplied looms can restrict alternative placements of the pads due to the cable's fixed length... and so are either making modifications to the existing cable (as I've done on my TD-9), such as this for example... or are either making 'breakout boxes' and/or completely new looms.

So, to assist with this, I have produced these wiring guides. As Roland (inevitably) release more TD/HD modules with this method of connection, and as information comes through (with the help of owners on here)... I'll eventually add those wiring guides to this post.

Thanks to MediaTechGuy for his help in compiling the data for the TD-4 module's main cable. He simply emailed me his findings and I drew it up in the same way as I did for the TD-9 guide I posted some time ago.

Also thanks to greydog for his data on the HD-1 main cable (extracted from post found by BarT).

If anyone has any suggestions for any other wiring guides that could be included in this post and has the details, again, please send me a PM and if I can, I'll add them to this post. Thanks in advance.
              MisterMR,

Thanks so much for your guides. I recently bought a TD-4 and snipped the cable snake to put female 1/4 in jacks on the ends and all your information was very helpful.

I did want to note that in your diagram for the TD-4 harness you indicate that the color of the original cable wires for the tips were White and the rings were Red. I don't know if I had a different version of the harness than you did originally, but on the genuine Roland TD-4 harness I just modded, the wire color corresponding to the tips was Red and the white wires were for the sleeves.

Just wanted to note it in case anyone else does this mod.

Cheers,
              JDP

Comment

Did you use all stereo female plugs??

Comment

such as this for example... or are either making 'breakout boxes' and/or completely new looms.
                  )
                  Tell me one of these is available to buy somewhere!!!
                  I'm not technical enough to take my own.
                  TD9-KX2, VEX Masters 50, Toolbox, Naturals & Acustix. Many many Guitars, Bass Guitars & Mics, and a very understanding Wife!
                  MacBook Pro 2.8ghz Core 2 Duo, 4GB RAM. Line 6 UX8.

Comment

I wish someone did manufacture a breakout box for these
                    Custom Flame photo wrapped Roland TD-30/MDS-25 & KD140, PD125 and PD105x3, CY11,CY14Cx2,CY-13R,CY12R ,DW racked Yamaha 9 piece Custom Recording & practice kit TD-9KX2 with PD105,PD85x3, KD85, CY8,CY5
                    Drummer for http://www.facebook.com/BloodySabbath.NY

Comment

Thanks for the information thats excelent, I can make a new harnes now, as I use my TD9 with a Jobkey kit and the wiring is a mess as the kit uses wire in wire out tec to limit cables.

Any good a re-programming chips
                      Roland TD9 + Jobkey Kit in Ambre Fade and a load of left over roland bits to get rid of.

Comment

Originally posted by stevesbeat View Post
                        Thanks for the information thats excelent, I can make a new harnes now, as I use my TD9 with a Jobkey kit and the wiring is a mess as the kit uses wire in wire out tec to limit cables.

Any good a re-programming chips
                        I'm confused...no harness to worry about with a TD-12?

iPhone Tapatalk

Comment

Having just sat here doing continuity tests on all cables and referring to the diagrams I can state that the pinouts/jack connections are the same on the TD-11K as the TD-9K, not sure about original cable wires as I am not cutting into mine to check I will be making a new input box with DB-25 connector, however if the pinouts are the same there's a good chance the wires are too.
                          Module - TD-11.
                          Drums - DIY - 2x 10" toms, 3x 12" toms, 12" snare, 16" kick. - trialling 2 DIY kriggs
                          Cymbals - 2x CY-8, 1x CY-5, 1xCY12C
                          Rack - Combined MDS-4V and MDS-3C

Comment

The Roland TD-15 pinout is also the same as the TD9 mentioned above. Thank you misterMR.

Comment

Originally posted by froidy1981 View Post

I'm confused...no harness to worry about with a TD-12?

iPhone Tapatalk
                              The TD-12 has in pots on the back and uses individual wires. This discussion is about the TD-9, TD-9, TD-11 and TD-15 compact system modules that use octopus snake harnesses on a DB-25 pin connector to the module.

Comment

Working...
                              X