Announcement

Collapse

Technical Posting Guidelines

TECHNICAL DISCUSSION ONLY! DO NOT POST LOUNGE OR PRODUCT DISCUSSION!

Having issues? Please visit our Forum Talk section for answers to frequently asked questions.

See more
See less

TD-10 Boot Up Problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TD-10 Boot Up Problem

Greetings, I just received my Session kit yesterday and am SO new to electronic drums. Have learned a lot just reading posts, but didn't find any with the following problem. Installed the TDW-1 card and fired the TD-10 up for the first time. It went thru the boot sequence and did everything according to the manual. It stops on the screen that shows "TD-10+TDW-1" as per the manual. But then it just stays there, the Trigger lite is constantly illuminated as is the Kit button lite. Plus none of the controls have any effect. This is with all triggers connected or disconnected. I removed the TDW-1 and booted it up. It came up with the proper message of no expansion card yada yada. Reinstalled it and same as before. Any input(pardon the pun) on what might be up?

Tnx

The Lone Drumman

Thought the session kit came pre installed EXP board.....just a thought

Comment

Originally posted by Doug:
      Thought the session kit came pre installed EXP board.....just a thought
      I thought I read several posts where they came with "uninstalled" boards.
      Kit Pic 1 Kit Pic 2 Kit Pic 3... And FOR SALE I have: 3 PD-9's, MDS-10 purple rack w/cables/pad and cym mounts. See classified posts for details or PM me.

Comment

It does come with the V Session Kit-in it's own box-but you have have to install it yourself.

Comment

Did you touch the drumpads while booting?

It's forbidden
          Robert

Comment

Take the TD-10 brain (JUST the brain) and the TDW-1 card back to where you got it from and get someone knowledgeable enough from there to do it for you. This is the least they could do, with you having beefed up their funds considerably by buying the Session kit in the first place!!

"I do what I like, and I like what I do."

Comment

Go to the store and Kill'em all.
              to v or not to v?

Comment

Nah, throw it out and go buy a new one!
                Steve

'I only ever quote myself - except when I quote someone else' - me

, plenty of , and , , triggered acoustics, , and a plethora of PA blah blah freakin blah...I mean does anyone care about the specifics of pedals, speakers, processors, hardware or anything that I'm using?? :confused: Hmmm, maybe this is an appropriate place to mention that I tried out a new cymbal stand the other day...

Comment

Originally posted by Michael Taylor:
                  ...what might be up?
                  Tnx
                  Michael,
                  Sounds like a real problem and probably one for Roland. You may have done something during setup or not. But uninstalling the TDW-1 I believe is a definite no-no. Sorry.

Comment

It goes back today.

Tnx

MT

The Lone Drumman

Comment

You could try factory test mode.
                      power up whilst holding down 'chain' and 'pattern'. I'd also be tempted to check that the expansion board is properly seated before sending it back.
                      Ken.

Comment

Working...
                      X