Announcement

Collapse

Technical Posting Guidelines

TECHNICAL DISCUSSION ONLY! DO NOT POST LOUNGE OR PRODUCT DISCUSSION!

Having issues? Please visit our Forum Talk section for answers to frequently asked questions.

See more
See less

What type, if any, effects pedals do any of you use?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What type, if any, effects pedals do any of you use?

have any of you tried messing around with wahs, disstortion, octave, flangers, or chorus pedals on your v-kits.

I have been curious of the effects long before i got a kit, but have
    not been able to test it out with effects yet...

I will probably test my kit on a line6 amp on friday. Plenty of effects.

I'll tell you guys how it went.

Later,
    Blind...

No never worked with it. When I head the Vdrums I had lots of effects. Even more than I wanted. Now with the ddrums I have any effect at alle. Even not a reverb. And that's good.

I don't know if it's possible to run your drums through a guitar effect pedal or the effects which are built in an amp but still R made for guitars. Perhaps the strength of the signals is different. But try it with the Line 6 and just have fun. Beware of not blowing up the guitar loud speaker. OR: do blow up the guitar amp. Saves a lot of guitar solos.
    Robert

Comment

Then again, the guitar player would say "godverdomme".

Which effect would you use on it?
      Music was my first love...

Comment

I use 2 Line 6 PODs (one left, one right channel), a Boss OD-2 overdrive pedal and 2 Boss VF-1's (one left, one right channel), which is basically a GT-5 guitar pedalboard without footswitches.
        I occasionally tinker around with my guitarist's Electroharmonix Microsynth, which generates additional harmonies to the sound and makes it sound like you're playing a percussive synth patch, especially if used with the 808 kit. Nice. I like guitar effects, their frequency range is extremely limited, but the sounds they produce are so far off the beaten path they're outta sight
        BTW, I use the PODs for basic sound coloration, they're in my send-return chain directly behind my 482 and before a TC M-One, adding bit of warmth to the sound with a Fender-type tube amp preset with no distortion. It's like they'd been recorded to analog tape.
        Wahs I've tried, and you'll get better results with filter banks, like the Electrix FilterFactory, or the Sherman Filterbank, or DJ EQ's. Has anyone tried the Korg KAOSS pad with the V's yet?

Stu
        "Fry that sound effect, Moriarty, we're having it for breakfast"

Comment

Originally posted by puttenvr:
          No never worked with it. When I head the Vdrums I had lots of effects. Even more than I wanted. Now with the ddrums I have any effect at alle. Even not a reverb. And that's good.

I don't know if it's possible to run your drums through a guitar effect pedal or the effects which are built in an amp but still R made for guitars. Perhaps the strength of the signals is different. But try it with the Line 6 and just have fun. Beware of not blowing up the guitar loud speaker. OR: do blow up the guitar amp. Saves a lot of guitar solos.
          On an unrelated matter, I notice that you have both a TD-10 and a TD-7. In another string, I raised the question of viability to use the TD7t with my TD-10 V Pro set-up, as I found one on the Internet for $389.00 with warranty. My goal is to expand my pads, but I have no more inputs on my TD-10 of course. Is this why you have both, and if so, how is it working out? Any crosstalk between the pads connected to two different modules? Are all pads on a rack, or did you have to use cymbal stands to isolate the pads? Thanks for your input. Gregg

[This message has been edited by Gregg Koefer (edited July 18, 2001).]
          GKoefer
          TD-10 Exp, V-15R

Comment

Originally posted by Gregg Koefer:
            On an unrelated matter, I notice that you have both a TD-10 and a TD-7. In another string, I raised the question of viability to use the TD7t with my TD-10 V Pro set-up, as I found one on the Internet for $389.00 with warranty. My goal is to expand my pads, but I have no more inputs on my TD-10 of course. Is this why you have both, and if so, how is it working out? Any crosstalk between the pads connected to two different modules? Are all pads on a rack, or did you have to use cymbal stands to isolate the pads? Thanks for your input. Gregg

[This message has been edited by Gregg Koefer (edited July 18, 2001).]
            Putt used to use Roland gear, then he switched to the red guys at Ddrums... and to think he moaned about the colour of the V-Sessions

Stu

"Fry that sound effect, Moriarty, we're having it for breakfast"

Comment

Working...
            X