Announcement

Collapse

Technical Posting Guidelines

TECHNICAL DISCUSSION ONLY! DO NOT POST LOUNGE OR PRODUCT DISCUSSION!

Having issues? Please visit our Forum Talk section for answers to frequently asked questions.

See more
See less

Please help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Please help

Just found this board and thinks that it is great! I don't know if this is the correct board for this question but I'll try it here. I've got the td-10 and the $%#@ mix in is distorting/overdriving. I called the shop where I bought it and they said that it seemed to be a regular problem. They said that they could fix it for a small fee of course. I paid $3600. for these things and for that much money, there shouldn't be any problems that cost you xtra $$. Does anybody know a way to fix this problem? A suggestion or fix would be greatly appreciated!! Thanks in advance!! bullshooter

WHATS UP--TRY A NEW SET OF PHONES--AND ALSO TRY A NEW PLUG IN ADAPTER--ALSO TRY TURNING THE VOLUME DOWN ON THE TD-10 A LITTLE FOR THE MIX IN AND TURN THE VOLUME OF YOUR STEREO OR WHAT EVER YOU MAY BE USING UP--LATERS---

Comment

This is not a regular problem around here to my knowledge. I always start with everything turned down. I set the drum level to where I'm comfortable and then I start to turn up the mix to get a level that blends in to suit my tastes.

Next thing to look at is the mix source. Just what are you feeding into the TD? That may well be your problem.
      Kit Pic 1 Kit Pic 2 Kit Pic 3... And FOR SALE I have: 3 PD-9's, MDS-10 purple rack w/cables/pad and cym mounts. See classified posts for details or PM me.

Comment

Originally posted by Boingo:

Next thing to look at is the mix source. Just what are you feeding into the TD? That may well be your problem.[/B]
        Ditto..................

Jeff

Comment

yes...the td-10/8 like inputs like from the low level outs of a cassette deck or cd/dvd player...I have a sony walkman cd/am/fm unit that I run the 1/8" line out into the the mix input of the td-8 and the level is perfect for the drum module and what it then does with the signal.

Comment

I've been running an Aiwa stereo into the mix input. The stereo by itself doesn't distort. The drums thru the headphones sound great. I haven't tried any other cords or another stereo, but I will try that, although I don't thank that will fix the problem. The mix in has on occaision sounded crystal clear. It seems that it decides when it wants to sound clear w/ no distortion, but 90% of the time it sounds like garbage. I tried to find a way to EQ the mix in but I don't think that there is a function for that in the TD-10. Any other suggestions would be appreciated!! Thanks for responding!

Comment

There are no TD adjustments which affect the mix-in other than signal strength. Master EQ, ambience, effects, etc have no affect on the mix. You have to process the mix signal before it goes to the TD. This kind of processing often causes the problem you're having. The same holds true when you add EQ to a signal before putting it on tape. I have tried to fix old recordings on CD by running them into my mixer, adding EQ to compensate for an original poor recording and putting it on tape. It tends to become a very hot signal and causes distortion/clipping. You have to be careful in doing this.

I'm assuming you are feeding the TD from the stereo's CD or Tape out to the TD mix in. I assume that it's a typical low level signal and you can't adjust strength or EQ on it. Somethings wrong with your equipment if that's the case because that signal shouldn't cause the problem (unless the original recording was garbage).

Try another stereo unit or a line out signal from something else. Be careful not to use the headphone out signal from a portable CD or similar product. That signal can be adjusted from that units volume control and can cause the problem you hear. Make sure it is a line out/tape out type signal.

[This message has been edited by Boingo (edited July 18, 2001).]
              Kit Pic 1 Kit Pic 2 Kit Pic 3... And FOR SALE I have: 3 PD-9's, MDS-10 purple rack w/cables/pad and cym mounts. See classified posts for details or PM me.

Comment

Working...
              X