Announcement

Collapse

Technical Posting Guidelines

TECHNICAL DISCUSSION ONLY! DO NOT POST LOUNGE OR PRODUCT DISCUSSION!

Having issues? Please visit our Forum Talk section for answers to frequently asked questions.

See more
See less

JBL G2 horn popping

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JBL G2 horn popping

First off.
    I did use the search and had zero results, that said. I just got my G2 today, sounds wonderful.
    Here is the thing, I have a TD 8 and some of the cymbals are popping the horn, not all.
    Mostly it is the ride. I did a list in the menu and just went through them and it seems that some of the samples are too hot.
    Has anyone else had this?
    Is there a solution ?, and if someone says get a mackie, save the thought ok?
    I can play the songs super freakin loud and it is deafening
    I can't wait to try this set up live now.
    Thanks in advance.

------------------
    td 8,
    pintech pads,gibraltor rack JBL G2 EON 15 AND Mackie srs-1500, yamaha maple customs, remo jazz kit, buttloads of cymbals...
    The original Gig Pig.

Hi Acid,

This happens with my Mackie's as well. What I did to alleviate the problem is first make sure that you are not over driving the mixer input. Make sure you separate the cymbals from the rest of th mix by dedicating it to a separate output on the vdrum brain and running it into it's own channel. I was able to take away the popping by EQ ing out the real high frequencies some with out destroying the crispness of the ride.
    This worked for me I hope it will for you.

Best Regards,
    Bruce

Comment

Welp.....
      I got it fingered out.
      Oddly enough the only rides that popped were the pop rides.
      Go figure...
      My ears...sheesh.this is what it is supposed to sound like..now......I may have to get a BBE. My wife will be sooooo happy.
      Thanks for the thoughts fellas.
      Jeff

------------------
      td 8,
      pintech pads,gibraltor rack JBL G2 EON 15 AND Mackie srs-1500, yamaha maple customs, remo jazz kit, buttloads of cymbals...
      The original Gig Pig.

Comment

Working...
      X