Announcement

Collapse

Technical Posting Guidelines

TECHNICAL DISCUSSION ONLY! DO NOT POST LOUNGE OR PRODUCT DISCUSSION!

Having issues? Please visit our Forum Talk section for answers to frequently asked questions.

See more
See less

Multiple Input Clarification

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Multiple Input Clarification

Hello,

This is my first post, and I hope I can get some clarification on the multiple inputs on the TD-8 /10. I have been reading and searching the posts already here, so I want to make sure what I want to do will work.

If I buy a TD-8 or TD-10, and I have 8 single trigger Pintech mesh pads for toms, can I use insert cables and plug all 8 toms into the 4 tom inputs and get 8 separate tom sounds?

Sorry to beat a subject to death, but I have not seen this scenario worded precisely this way.

Thanks,

JoeKool
    V-Concert, Visu-Lite Cymbals, BBE 482's, Behringer Multicom, Alesis D5

Thanks Feefer, I figured you would be the first to respond. I read all the stuff about the Shack Attack, and the Holy Grail, and I was a bit confused on the dual inputs for the toms. I guess I need to get a basic setup and play with it like you guys have done, and then it will all make more sense to me.

Till then, I will keep reading and learning from you guys.

Comment

Feef, I think you would have to be the most patient person I have ever had the priviledge of (almost) knowing. Not only have you 'paved the way' with shack and grail concepts you always seem to be happy to answer the same questions over and over. Please excuse the blatant flattery but I am genuinely impressed! (or maybe you are doing it all just to get your post number over the 1000 mark )
      Steve

'I only ever quote myself - except when I quote someone else' - me

, plenty of , and , , triggered acoustics, , and a plethora of PA blah blah freakin blah...I mean does anyone care about the specifics of pedals, speakers, processors, hardware or anything that I'm using?? :confused: Hmmm, maybe this is an appropriate place to mention that I tried out a new cymbal stand the other day...

Comment

or you can buy an Octapad made by Roland, assign note number to 6 output they have, remember to assign exactly note number to as the note number for the tom's rim sound of the td10. Then you will have 10 tom sounds.
        Good luck

Comment

Would I connect the octapad to the TD-10 with a midi cable? Do I use the octapad as the trigger?

Comment

Originally posted by JoeKool:

Would I connect the octapad to the TD-10 with a midi cable?

yes.

Do I use the octapad as the trigger?

yes.

Comment

I could live with that plan. Great idea. I picked up my concert set last night. Can't wait to get it put together tonight.

Thanks,

JoeKool

Comment

Ok, now we are talking. I already purchased the concert kit, so I have the PD-100's and PD-120's. Those would be the FSR triggers, right? Then all I would need to do is get 4 more pads, say a Pintech mesh head, and then do the split thing.

If I understand correctly, by doing this I am going to loose the positional playability, but right now, I am not sure I am too worried about that.

Joe

Comment

Originally posted by JoeKool:
                  ... so I have the PD-100's and PD-120's. Those would be the FSR triggers, right?
                  wrong.

Comment

Working...
                  X