Announcement

Collapse

Technical Posting Guidelines

TECHNICAL DISCUSSION ONLY! DO NOT POST LOUNGE OR PRODUCT DISCUSSION!

Having issues? Please visit our Forum Talk section for answers to frequently asked questions.

See more
See less

Headphone Output Level

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Headphone Output Level

What's the best way to push the output level on the headphone output louder than its maximum level?

..clean the wax out of your ears

A mixer or even an amplifier w/ headphone-only output jack would work (i.e., KC-500).

There are plenty of small headphone amps available as well, like...
    http://www.musiciansfriend.com/ex/sh...213?pid=483850
    E-drums: TD-20, RT-5S triggers on snare/toms, KD-7s, VH12, CY-14Cs, CY-15R, Pintech splash.
    A-drums: Zickos (amber) w/ all Zildjians.

Comment

DON'T.

You using a TD-10? Then it is already very loud. Be careful with your ears.
      Robert

Comment

Originally posted by alacrity024:
        What's the best way to push the output level on the headphone output louder than its maximum level?
        I can't imagine the TD-10 HP output not being sufficiently loud. I would suggest you either get your hearing checked asap or look at your volume settings. There are at least 3 volume controls. 1)group fader (sliders), 2)Control Room, Mixer, Volume controls for each pad and 3)Control Room, Mixer, Group Volume control. If you adjust these, and you still can't get enough volume, either your ears or equipment has a problem (or you have the most inefficient headphones made).

I'm not trying to be a wise guy with this post. My ears have been close to being blown away more than once when I inadvertantly had the HP volume knob left on too high a setting.
        Kit Pic 1 Kit Pic 2 Kit Pic 3... And FOR SALE I have: 3 PD-9's, MDS-10 purple rack w/cables/pad and cym mounts. See classified posts for details or PM me.

Comment

thanks guys-- my ears aren't exactly in pristine condition after the past 20 years, but I REALLY want to be able to drown out the sound from my KD-7 and loose kick pedal. I just bought a decent pair of headphones that should be able to push out enough volume, but often enough in life I find myself with the knob on ten wishing it would at least go to eleven or twelve..

Comment

I believe Jimmy C said it already, get an outboard mixer and you will have headroom to spare. But if we see you typing with capital letters, donít say that you werenít warned.

------------------
            szvook
            Studio

Comment

Originally posted by Boingo:
              I can't imagine the TD-10 HP output not being sufficiently loud. I would suggest you either get your hearing checked asap or look at your volume settings. There are at least 3 volume controls. 1)group fader (sliders), 2)Control Room, Mixer, Volume controls for each pad and 3)Control Room, Mixer, Group Volume control.
              Do these three volume controls also apply to the TD-8? When I checked one out recently at our local Guitar Center, I noticed that the overall output was rather weak (even with the faders and volume knob on the front control panel were set to maximum). The TD-10 on the other hand was very loud even when set below maximum levels.

Roland TD-12, Pearl DRX-1 tom and snare pads, Roland PD-8 pads for cymbals, DW pedals and stands, Pearl and Gibraltar hardware

Comment

I had that problem when I first bought my last V Pro kit. I kept noticing the one at the store was louder than mine. I would exhaust all possibilities before purchasing a headphone amp. The above suggestion of checking the internal sources of the brain fixed me up. What type of phones are you using?
                Roland V-Pro TD20 expanded with V Expressions
                Presonus Firepod
                Reaper
                Acoustic- Spaun drums, Dunnett snare & Paiste Signature Series Cymbals.

Comment

The headphone output of the TD-8 is at best weedy. I use the headphone feed from my little mixer.

Schmunk

------------------
                  TD-8, Pintech pads, Pearl rack, PM-3, Behringer 802 mixer and DSP1400 UltraMizer
                  TD-8, Pintech pads, Pearl rack, Mackie SRM-450, Behringer 802 mixer and DSP1400 UltraMizer, Electric Sticks.

Comment

Well, I stand corrected--sort of. The only pair of headphones I had used with my td-10 prior to writing that first post were pretty lousy. I went out and bought a $50 pair of Pioneer's and WOW! with the headphone pot pushed to about 5 and a half I was ready to rock, with the knob at seven tears came to my eyes, and with the knob at eight I had to take the headphones off. My first pair of half-decent headphones and boy, I didn't know what I was missing..

Comment

I had a similar complaint about my TD8. First thing I did was purchase a small headphone amp by a company called ROLLS. It has 1 input and four outputs to accomodate 4 sets of headphones. It worked very, very well...so well in fact that it blew my headphones! I did some homework and then purchased a pair of Sony V900 phones (125.00) That made a HUGE diference in everything. Sounds quality was light years better than what I had been using.

Comment

Working...
                      X