Announcement

Collapse

Technical Posting Guidelines

TECHNICAL DISCUSSION ONLY! DO NOT POST LOUNGE OR PRODUCT DISCUSSION!

Having issues? Please visit our Forum Talk section for answers to frequently asked questions.

See more
See less

VH-11 on a TD-10 Exp, has anybody done this?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VH-11 on a TD-10 Exp, has anybody done this?

I'm about to buy a TD-10 Exp kit and I want to use a VH-11 hi-hat on it. I know that these do not work on the regular TD-10, but I've read that they work on the TD-10 Exp.

Has anybody actually tried this to confirm that it really works?
    www.ShadowDemon.us

I have and they work as well as the FD-7. No extra functionality, but just feels lots better

Comment

And by extra functionality, spanner means you don't have the interval control found on the 12/20 that gives you full range of sound. Work arounds are going VST.

www.myspace.com/rubberuniverse
      TD-12, DTX502, SD1000, EZDrummer, Diamond Drum 12" snare, S1000 toms/cymbals/kick, PCY10/100/135/155, CY-5/14, Hart Ride, Hart Acupad 8" kick, Epedal Pro II, Concept 1 pads/cymbals, SD1000 & Roland V Sessions racks, PD-7, Kit Toy 10" splash, DMPad ride, SamplePad, PerformancePad Pro

Comment

Originally posted by grog View Post
        And by extra functionality, spanner means you don't have the interval control found on the 12/20 that gives you full range of sound. Work arounds are going VST.

Excellent, thank you for your help!

I'm still a noob so can you explain what interval control is?

Also, what is VST?

I'm planning on using EZ Drummer with the module for recording and possibly playing live. How does that factor into all of this?
        www.ShadowDemon.us

Comment

EZD is a VST. Joe K has a "Once and For All" VST sticky over in the..wait for it, VST section. It'll tell you everything you wanted to know to get you started.

Now, if you're going to use EZD, head over to Teh Google and use the following search term:

vdrums forum grog chaotic box

or perhaps

vdrums forum grog loop be

(or maybe change loop be to loopbe or loop*).

In that thread, you'll see the software you need to download and the settings required to provide the equivalent (90&#37 of interval control for your VH-11 and exp TD-10.

Oh yeah, interval control is that nifty function Roland put in the 12/20 modules that enables a HH to have a full range of sound, just not open/closed/occasionally-something-else you'll find on a straight-up exp TD-10.

TD-12, DTX502, SD1000, EZDrummer, Diamond Drum 12" snare, S1000 toms/cymbals/kick, PCY10/100/135/155, CY-5/14, Hart Ride, Hart Acupad 8" kick, Epedal Pro II, Concept 1 pads/cymbals, SD1000 & Roland V Sessions racks, PD-7, Kit Toy 10" splash, DMPad ride, SamplePad, PerformancePad Pro

Comment

Working...
          X