Announcement

Collapse

Technical Posting Guidelines

TECHNICAL DISCUSSION ONLY! DO NOT POST LOUNGE OR PRODUCT DISCUSSION!

Having issues? Please visit our Forum Talk section for answers to frequently asked questions.

See more
See less

2 Weird MIDI Issues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2 Weird MIDI Issues

This is using Acoustica Mixcraft 4, but there may be a common "fix" for this...

I am recording my Roland TD20 drum via MIDI in to a Virtual Instrument Track.

When I play the track back via MIDI out to my TD20, it plays "weird".
    If I pause and then resume the track it plays correctly.

Also, when viewing the piano roll, I hear the notes being played before the Playback Indicator reaches them on the piano roll.

A lot of MIDI/Audio sequencers have a MIDI pre-roll to sync the MIDI with audio. Maybe you need to adjust that?
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Michael Render View Post
      A lot of MIDI/Audio sequencers have a MIDI pre-roll to sync the MIDI with audio. Maybe you need to adjust that?
      I don't see that as an option.

To be specificic, I'm hearing the audio triggered through my TD20 before the note even comes up on the piano roll.

Any ideas about the "weird" playback?

Thanks!

Comment

Anybody else have midi problems with Mixcraft 4?
        I'm still trying to solve this issue...

Comment

I updated to Mixcraft 4.5, and it still happens.

What I see visually on the piano roll is exactly what I played.
          However, when playing the midi back through my TD20, 2 weird things happen:
          1) The audio triggered back into my TD20 starts before the line reaches the "notes" on the piano roll.
          2) It doesn't sound at all like what I played or at all like what I am seeing on the piano roll. It sounds like a monkey sitting behind a drum kit slapping away.

Just for the heck of it, I quantized my pattern and played it back through the module. Visually the quantize worked. Aurally, it worked, but STILL the audio was out of sync with the bar crossing the notes on the piano roll.

Comment

Okay...
            I exported a midi file from Guitar Pro (multiple guitar parts and a drum part) and imported it into Mixcraft. It all played fine using the Microsoft GS Wavetable SW Synth as my default midi playback device.

I then hooked up the TD20 and chose that as the default playback device, everything played through the TD20, even the drums. However, the drums were still out of sync with the rest of the tracks.

I have no idea why this drumtrack seemed to work (albeit not synced in time with the rest of the track), but the ones I record directly with Mixcraft don't.

Comment

Okay, it's not just the TD20 playback, even when I choose the computer's internal midi device ( Microsoft GS Wavetable SW Synth) it still plays all wacky.
              It only plays right using their bulit in MIDI...

Comment

Video of what's going on : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oJrX9xw3Oxo

Comment

I would suspect that this is a hardware/driver issue with whatever MIDI device you are using. Just a guess. You might want to try upgrading drivers or even try a different device.

| Argos | Your Cloud | Lost In Germany | Life Wasted | Identity Crisis
                  | The Xerophyte | Red Barchetta | Subdivisions or Drums Only |

Superior Drummer w/ Metal Foundry, dfhS samples and Platinum Samples Evil Drums.

Comment

Originally posted by Joe_K View Post
                    I would suspect that this is a hardware/driver issue with whatever MIDI device you are using. Just a guess. You might want to try upgrading drivers or even try a different device.
                    It happens with BOTH the internal Microsoft GS Wavetable SW Synth and also with the TD20 (no computer generated sounds there).

There's nothing in common between the two except the Mixcraft app interpreting and producing the MIDI info...

Comment

Working...
                    X