Announcement

Collapse

Technical Posting Guidelines

TECHNICAL DISCUSSION ONLY! DO NOT POST LOUNGE OR PRODUCT DISCUSSION!

Having issues? Please visit our Forum Talk section for answers to frequently asked questions.

See more
See less

Looping [TD-6V]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looping [TD-6V]

Newbie here. I play the td6-v kit and was wondering if it's possible to record and loop while playing the kit? I want to lay down a beat on the high hat that I can record and play it as a loop while being able to continue to play the kit . . . if that makes any sense at all. Thanks for any help at all.

Go Cards!

Welcome!

Yes, it's possible. But please clarify whether you want your continued kit playing after the hi-hat to also get recorded on the same loop, or do you just want to record the hi-hat only and have that playing while you play but not record the kit.

Bruce

Comment

Originally posted by BarT View Post
      Welcome!

Yes, it's possible. But please clarify whether you want your continued kit playing after the hi-hat to also get recorded on the same loop, or do you just want to record the hi-hat only and have that playing while you play but not record the kit.

Bruce
      Hey thanks for answering. No. I don't want the kit to record the rest of what's being played, just the hi-hat groove. The song I have to play has the hi-hat groove looping which frees me up to do other stuff.

Here's the song: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7BZoDH2H1Ls

Go Cards!

Comment

Very easy to do, just record yourself playing the hi-hat groove only for a few bars. Then when playing back, select loop. It will play that loop continuously and allow you to play whatever you want along with it. Not hard at all. Kind of cheating though....
        My Kit's Evolution Pics...

Comment

Ok. Cool. But start from the very beginning. I've tried to hit the record button and played what I wanted but nothing happened. Can you step by step me please. Thanks. P.S. I know it's cheating but I'm not that good!

Go Cards!

Comment

Originally posted by KingPujols View Post
            No. I don't want the kit to record the rest of what's being played, just the hi-hat groove.
            In that case;

Press SONG
            Press SHIFT and STOP to select a new user song
            Press REC
            Press > to set Time Sig (4/4), Length (1 measure?), Tempo (114?), Quantize (16?), RecMode (Loop1?)
            Press PLAY to begin recording
            Press STOP
            Press PLAY

It may be useful to use CLICK, EDIT, > to set RecCountIn to 1MEAS so that you get four clicks before it starts recording.

When you get a satifactory version you can make various changes like NAME at SONG, EDIT, COMMON.

Bruce

Comment

Originally posted by BarT View Post
              In that case;

Press SONG
              Press SHIFT and STOP to select a new user song
              Press REC
              Press > to set Time Sig (4/4), Length (1 measure?), Tempo (114?), Quantize (16?), RecMode (Loop1?)
              Press PLAY to begin recording
              Press STOP
              Press PLAY

It may be useful to use CLICK, EDIT, > to set RecCountIn to 1MEAS so that you get four clicks before it starts recording.

When you get a satifactory version you can make various changes like NAME at SONG, EDIT, COMMON.

Bruce
              That is so cool. Thank you so much Bruce!

Go Cards!

Comment

Working...
              X