Announcement

Collapse

Technical Posting Guidelines

TECHNICAL DISCUSSION ONLY! DO NOT POST LOUNGE OR PRODUCT DISCUSSION!

Having issues? Please visit our Forum Talk section for answers to frequently asked questions.

See more
See less

Which MIDI-to-USB Interface is compatible?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which MIDI-to-USB Interface is compatible?

I wanted to get a VEX pack for my TD-10exp. VEX's website states there are issues with M-Audio UNO. Apparently not all MIDI interfaces are created equal. I'm wondering if something like a Tascam US122 will work as they appear pretty cheap on ebay. I emailed VEX (on ebay) but they are not sure.

p.s. I will use either Windows XP or Windows 2000.
    My compact kit.

I'm using M-Audio Uno but strictly for the VEX kits and it work fine for that....but haven't done nothing else with it so far...

Comment

Anything wrong with a Roland UM-1EX which is recommended on every page of the Vexpressions web site and costs less than $40?

Bruce

Comment

Originally posted by BarT View Post
        Anything wrong with a Roland UM-1EX which is recommended on every page of the Vexpressions web site and costs less than $40?

Bruce
        I'm using that adapter and no problem so far.

Comment

Originally posted by BarT View Post

Bruce
          Because Tascam US122 doubles up as an audio-to-USB interface which is what I need more often than MIDI.
          My compact kit.

Comment

Originally posted by sciomako View Post
            Because Tascam US122 doubles up as an audio-to-USB interface which is what I need more often than MIDI.
            I don't think you asked the right question then.

Bruce

Comment

I use the US122L (USB 2.0) with a TD-6 and it works fine.
              TD-9KW

Comment

I know of at least one VDrumLib customer that uses the Tascam US122 to transfer VEX kits to his TD-12. So, I guess that means it should work.

-SD-

Comment

@BarT: You have a point.

@SD & RW: Thanks!
                  My compact kit.

Comment

I can atest ... DO NOT BUY M-Audio Uno ,l if you intend on using midi heavy programs like BFD.

It simply can't handle all of the data. A midi cable into my mbox pro seems to work well (although I'm glitching out a bit ...probably not i/o related)

I am using a TD-3SWR / Macbook pro / Logic 8.

Comment

Working...
                    X