Announcement

Collapse

Technical Posting Guidelines

TECHNICAL DISCUSSION ONLY! DO NOT POST LOUNGE OR PRODUCT DISCUSSION!

Having issues? Please visit our Forum Talk section for answers to frequently asked questions.

See more
See less

Cy12rc

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cy12rc

Why dose the CY12RC as a Ride just trigger edge and bow, it`s supposed to be three way triggering - no bell -? Both inputs are attatched to the TD12 - Or is it like the CY15R, spend ££££££££&# 163;`s on it then fix it yourself.

Have you switched 3way Trigger to ON at TRIGGER, 3-WAY (assuming you're using inputs 9 for bow/bell and 10 for edge)?

Bruce

Comment

And did you whack the bell hard enough?
      My compact kit.

Comment

and the hard whack should be with the shoulder of the stick...that seems to matter for some reason....
        TD9+6v with Diamond Electronic pads, and cowbell.
        ATH-50m headphones, VEX packs
        not to mention keyboards, guitars, basses, and cats

Comment

Yes 3way is on, it triggers if i use the shoulder of the stick and just before the stick breaks it triggers, a total nonsense. The cymbal (and sticks) wont last if you`ve got to hit it that hard. Lets just tell the truth Roland its 2way.

Comment

Looks like THIS is your solution. Join the Roland DIY customer repair team

Comment

I agree with you Claret... Roland really should revise the design.

However, The quick solution is to just do the 'Bell Fix' yourself. It's easier than it looks and really does solve the problem. Experienced users on here can do the fix in 5 minutes.

Comment

Can't recommend the bell fix enough for ease and effectiveness.
                give quiche a chance

Comment

Thanks guys - will try it, presumably this will apply to the CY15R too?? Upgrading soon!

Comment

Yes, I'm going to do the fix on my CY-15R.
                    My compact kit.

Comment

Working...
                    X