Announcement

Collapse

Technical Posting Guidelines

TECHNICAL DISCUSSION ONLY! DO NOT POST LOUNGE OR PRODUCT DISCUSSION!

Having issues? Please visit our Forum Talk section for answers to frequently asked questions.

See more
See less

Td-12 Aux inputs

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Td-12 Aux inputs

    I recently added a pd 125 for my snare and moved the pd 105 to the floor tom (aux input 1). So I have 3 pd85's mounted, which sound great. I set my aux 1 trigger for pd 105 but I can't get the same type of sound as my other pads. I've even tried aux 2 and the same thing.I'm getting a very thin sound even when I set all the parameters the same as tom 3. I ran the pd 105 through tom 3 input and everything is fine. I also ran tom 3 through the aux 1 and I got the same thin sound. So I know it's not the pad. It seems like my 2 aux inputs are not responding the same as the others, I'm getting a very thin sound even when I tune down very low. My other toms are nice and deep. Is there something I'm doing wrong?
    Last edited by snick59; 01-21-09, 06:39 PM.
    [SIGPIC]

  • #2
    Aux 1 and 2 have their own faders, but you need to press Shift and Mixer to access them.

    (One of Roland's best kept secrets; especially how to press the FADER button. It's on a need to know basis, so they left it out of the manual.)

    Bruce

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by BarT View Post
      Aux 1 and 2 have their own faders, but you need to press Shift and Mixer to access them.

      (One of Roland's best kept secrets; especially how to press the FADER button. It's on a need to know basis, so they left it out of the manual.)

      Bruce
      Yes I know I've tried but all that does is make it louder not deeper. (See page 39 of the manual)
      Last edited by snick59; 01-21-09, 06:08 PM.
      [SIGPIC]

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by snick59 View Post
        Yes I know I've tried but all that does is make it louder not deeper.
        OK, sorry; I misunderstood.

        Compare COMP/EQ settings (INST, F3) for the toms which sound good and the one which doesn't?


        Originally posted by snick59 View Post
        (See page 39 of the manual)
        Yes, but that only tells you how to use the Aux faders inside the mixer (per kit), not outside the mixer (global).


        Bruce
        Last edited by BarT; 01-21-09, 06:16 PM.

        Comment


        • #5
          Copying instruments is easier using VdrumLib as it copies ALL instrument settings which the module doesn't:

          NOTE: When you copy and paste an instrument in VDrumLib, VDrumlib copies ALL of the parameters that define the sound of the instrument -- this includes everything except the MIDI Information which stays with the pad. Here are a list of parameters that are copied for each instrument: Instrument#, COSM, Pattern#, Pattern Velocity, Mixer Volume, Panning, Ambience Send Level, EFX Send Level, Minimum Volume, Compression, EQ, Pedal Pitch.
          http://www.vdrumlib.com/edit_cosm_td12.html

          Bruce

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by BarT View Post
            OK, sorry; I misunderstood.

            Compare COMP/EQ settings (INST, F3) for the toms which sound good and the one which doesn't?



            Yes, but that only tells you how to use the Aux faders inside the mixer (per kit), not outside the mixer (global).


            Bruce
            I copied the toms in Vdrumlib and everything is fine thank you, what do you mean by outside the mixer Global)?
            [SIGPIC]

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by snick59 View Post
              I copied the toms in Vdrumlib and everything is fine thank you, what do you mean by outside the mixer Global)?
              Faders inside the mixer (which Roland calls MIX EDIT) set the mixer for each kit.

              But using the faders when not in the mixer affects all kits.

              Bruce

              Comment

              Working...
              X