Announcement

Collapse

Technical Posting Guidelines

TECHNICAL DISCUSSION ONLY! DO NOT POST LOUNGE OR PRODUCT DISCUSSION!

Having issues? Please visit our Forum Talk section for answers to frequently asked questions.

See more
See less

MIDI-playing my recorded drums back into TD20?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MIDI-playing my recorded drums back into TD20?

Ok, I managed to easily record my drums via MIDI into Mixcraft.
    Now, my desire is to hit play in Mixcraft and hear the MIDI track of my drums played back through my module? Can this be done, or do I have to set the module to "record"?

Can the incoming MIDI data trigger the sounds in the TD20 module as-is, or do I need to set it up to record a new user pattern, do I need to switch local control on or off, etc.?

The virtual intrument track in Mixcraft is set to channel 10, I chose the external usb midi device (my td20) for both in and out.
    TX/RX is switched "on" in my module.

Twice when I hit play in Mixcradt, I DID get a weird noisy kind of something through my module; Mixcraft stopped responding, so I couldn't stop the track (except by unplugging the usb cable). After re-connecting the usb MIDI cable, I couldn't get any kind of playback response from the module (although it still was able to send to Mixcraft).

Thanks a ton!

Check that Soft Thru is OFF at SETUP, MIDI, GLOBAL or you could have a MIDI loop (from MIDI In to MIDI Out ad infinitum) overwhelming both module and software.

Bruce

Comment

Thanks BarT, will doing that let me hit play on the computer and then hear the drums played through the module, or do I need to set up anything in the "patterns" screen? (Similar to wanting to play other midi tracks into the module)

Comment

No, but you shouldn't need to do anything else like record/play on the module to play back MIDI from the PC and get module sounds. Recording to a pattern and playing from the module would only be necessary if you really wanted to be able to do it away from the PC.

Bruce

Comment

Thanks, it's working now

Comment

Working...
          X