Announcement

Collapse

Technical Posting Guidelines

TECHNICAL DISCUSSION ONLY! DO NOT POST LOUNGE OR PRODUCT DISCUSSION!

Having issues? Please visit our Forum Talk section for answers to frequently asked questions.

See more
See less

how do I seperate kick, snare from rest of kit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• how do I seperate kick, snare from rest of kit

I have a td-6 (older one) and I was wondering how to send the kick and snare to the board seperate from the rest of the kit? So the sound man can have control of them. Theres got to be a way to seperate them, Help

Not that I know of... you either have stereo or mono out... that's it. If you need to control volume... dial it in per kit/instrument.
    [>] McWilliams
    [>] www.mcwilliamsworld.com
    [>] Pintech / TD-12 / vExp: Master Picks 1 & 2, Exotics

sigpic

Comment

It's probably not possible on a TD-6, but I know that on the TD-12 and TD-20 modules you can select which sounds are transmitted to certain outputs very easily.

Comment

Originally posted by drumzfour View Post
        I have a td-6 (older one) and I was wondering how to send the kick and snare to the board seperate from the rest of the kit? So the sound man can have control of them. Theres got to be a way to seperate them, Help
        On the TD6 you cant do it without MIDI
        Although with MIDI you will need a VSTi such as Toontrack or BFD to run on a computer.
        Dave
        Sonic Orb Studios
        My Youtube

My kit is custom running 10, 12, 14" toms, a 12" snare, 2 crash, 1 ride, 1 splash, and dual kick drum all plugged into a
        Roland TD-6V module which runs MIDI to Superior Drummer 2

Comment

You could pan kick and snare fully left and all other pads fully right. But you'd need to pan those and switch off ambience for each kit used. And with only two outputs the kick and snare still couldn't be separated from each other, so it's probably not very useful.

Bruce

Comment

Oh, come on people! This is easy. Just let the sound man have the whole module!
            Id rather be told the ugly truth than handed a pretty lie.

Comment

Working...
            X