Announcement

Collapse

Technical Posting Guidelines

TECHNICAL DISCUSSION ONLY! DO NOT POST LOUNGE OR PRODUCT DISCUSSION!

Having issues? Please visit our Forum Talk section for answers to frequently asked questions.

See more
See less

Alesis Alesis MULTIMIX 8 or IO 14

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Alesis Alesis MULTIMIX 8 or IO 14

Hi guys,

My home studio is coming along a treat, the guitarist has just bought Amplitube for use on the pc so now I have a dilemma - I want a firewire unit that will give me zero latency for the drums and the other instruments that I want to record. I'm torn between the Alesis MULTIMIX 8 FIREWIRE 8 channel mixer or the Alesis IO 14 - both ships with Cubase LE, which is perfect. They both cost the same but I'm not sure which will give the most versatility in the studio. I want whichever one I go for to give me zero latency on the instruments and hi impedance for the guitars. I understand that 1MOHM is the industry standard and ideal and I think I read somewhere that the Alesis IO 14 gives you that.

What do you fellas think, or is there an even better unit at the same sort of price ($400) out there?
    Check us out! www.myspace.com/therenocorradopimps

Ahhh, just noticed, there's no midi out on the 8 Channel mixer - DOH!

Comment

Any suggestions on alternative IO units or is the Alesis IO 14 pretty decent for the price?

Comment

Any updates guys?

Comment

Have you looked at the M-Audio products? Not sure if they would have what you are looking for but might be worth a look.

http://www.m-audio.com/index.php?do=...D=FWinterfaces

Comment

Originally posted by Paulbiz View Post
            Have you looked at the M-Audio products? Not sure if they would have what you are looking for but might be worth a look.

http://www.m-audio.com/index.php?do=...D=FWinterfaces
            Thanks for that.

I've decided to go for the presonus firebox - seems to have all I need, and comes bundled with Cubase LE. Also has 1 MOHM impedance, and tends to be a favourite on here with most people.

Comment

Working...
            X