Announcement

Collapse

Technical Posting Guidelines

TECHNICAL DISCUSSION ONLY! DO NOT POST LOUNGE OR PRODUCT DISCUSSION!

Having issues? Please visit our Forum Talk section for answers to frequently asked questions.

See more
See less

TD12 Corrupted Display

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TD12 Corrupted Display

Hi folks , well i just recieved my TD12 yesterday and its the best thing ever,

But 3hs into it , while speeding the tempo on a pattern.... the display got "fuzzy"

Maybe there someone who has gone trough this before and have some sort of "fix" before having to send it for RMa....

Module still works with no issues at all regarding sounds or triggering

pic atacched

Try adjusting the contrast of the screen.

You mentioned it happened when you were speeding up the tempo of a song: Perhaps you accidentally "sped up" the contrast...
    *TDW-20* KD-8 w/Iron Cobra single, PD-125, PD-80R, VH-11, PD-8(X3), CY-12R/C, CY-8(X2), older MDS-6 rack with additional lower crossbar for support, Roc 'n' Soc Nitro, ATH-M50 and MDR-7506

Life is a tragedy to those who feel and a comedy to those who think...

Comment

where is that option ??

Comment

Just hit " reset factory config" and voila ! dumb me.

Thx !! close this !!

Comment

That's the standard notorious TD-20 display problem. Happened to me twice, you send it in for repair, then the battery goes, then they tell you you need a new main board because there are bad IRC parts. I feel for you, it's Roland's dirty little secret.
          Drumkat Turbo 4.5, Emulator X3, Superior 2.1, Roland Fantom XR, DTXtreme III, SPD-20 etc.......

Comment

Originally posted by jrcel View Post
            That's the standard notorious TD-20 display problem. Happened to me twice, you send it in for repair, then the battery goes, then they tell you you need a new main board because there are bad IRC parts. I feel for you, it's Roland's dirty little secret.
            I don't think we've ever heard of those types of problems on a TD-12.

If you happen to press KIT while turning the value dial, you will change the contrast because that's the shortcut. (Otherwise it's at SETUP, CONTROL, LCD.)

Bruce

Comment

Originally posted by BarT View Post
              I don't think we've ever heard of those types of problems on a TD-12.

Bruce
              Bruce, your slipping .... display problems have been seen on some TD-12s. Check this thread and see Superpuss's posts from page 3. I've also seen a fuzzy screen on a TD-12 that I looked at buying but decided not to in the end. What I'm not sure about is if there are different types of screen problems (the fuzzy screen as in Rider's picture or a faded display or a half blank display) and if they have similar or different causes.
              Last edited by Swaledale; 01-18-09, 02:56 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Swaledale View Post
                Bruce, your slipping .... display problems have been seen on some TD-12s. Check this thread and see Superpuss's posts from page 3. I've also seen a fuzzy screen on a TD-12 that I looked at buying but decided not to in the end. What I'm not sure about is if there are different types of screen problems (the fuzzy screen as in Rider's picture or a faded display or a half blank display) and if they have similar or different causes.
                Hmm, OK; One fading LCD. But no battery or board issues?

Bruce

Comment

Working...
                X