Announcement

Collapse

Technical Posting Guidelines

TECHNICAL DISCUSSION ONLY! DO NOT POST LOUNGE OR PRODUCT DISCUSSION!

Having issues? Please visit our Forum Talk section for answers to frequently asked questions.

See more
See less

Spd-s + Kd8

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spd-s + Kd8

Using 011 Acoustic drum setting, how do I assign the kick sound from pad 7 to the KD8, then move the snare to pad 7 and have pads 8 and 9 as open/closed hh?

I haven't a clue, please help, thanks y'all.

In the patch editing mode, got to "PAD EXCHANGE" and select the two pads. I think it's on page 38 of the manual.
    sigpic

Comment

Thanks for that Michael, I've sussed that out now, the only thing is I can't get any sound from the KD8, I think I've assigned it properly, and it was working fine with my TD6KV, it's plugged into the Trig 1/2 jack which I think is the right place, but nothing,

Comment

Does the TRIG IN 1 pad indicator near the volume knob light up when you kick the KD-8?

Did you set KD at SETUP, TRIGGER INPUT, Type?

Bruce

Comment

Yes and yes, also there's a black circle appears on the green led read out when struck.

Comment

So that seems that the KD-8 trigger is fine; but if you're hearing other sounds but no kick, then the kick sound is not correctly assigned to the KD-8. Check PATCH, EDIT, WAVE A after kicking the KD-8 so that TRIG IN 1 is lit.

Bruce

Comment

Thanks Bruce, did that too,

Comment

I'm grasping at straws now, but from the manual's troubleshooting section:

Certain Pads Don’t Sound

Is the level of WAVE A/B low?
                Adjust the level of WAVE A/B. (p. 34)

Is the effects level low?
                The level can be controlled with the EFFECTS CONTROL knob for some effect types. For effect types and controllability using the EFFECTS CONTROL knob, see “Effect list.” (p. 92)

Is Ctrl SW set to REC-REH, TAP TEMPO or SOUND OFF?
                If so, the sound assigned to the pad cannot be triggered. Set the control switch to OFF. (p. 79)

Also, could you confirm that the KD-8 is the only external trigger you're using?

Bruce

Comment

Well I've no idea what it means, but I found it worked on the 001 Join Us! section, and it works on others but not on the 011 Acoustic Drums section, so I've just stayed on 001 and built a kit around it.

Comment

Working...
                  X