Announcement

Collapse

Technical Posting Guidelines

TECHNICAL DISCUSSION ONLY! DO NOT POST LOUNGE OR PRODUCT DISCUSSION!

Having issues? Please visit our Forum Talk section for answers to frequently asked questions.

See more
See less

recording your own drum sounds.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• recording your own drum sounds.

is it possible to record your own drum sound, in a studio per say and then load them up in a sound module, like the td-10 for example?

No, you can't load sounds onto any TD module.

Bruce

Comment

That was a very helpful response...

A suggestion or two might have been nice (especially for those of us who might also like more information on this topic).

At least a link to the topic elsewhere in these forums (I'm sure there's something)....

Comment

Originally posted by koneill View Post

A suggestion or two might have been nice (especially for those of us who might also like more information on this topic).
        Give me a break! "No" is the only sensible answer to a specific question like that where the proposal is just not possible.

At least a link to the topic elsewhere in these forums (I'm sure there's something)....
        When you find a satisfactory method of using your own drum sounds from a module please post a useful link or concise summary here.

Bruce

Comment

With all due respect...but given your registration date and postcount I don't think you're in a position to comment on much more experienced and knowledgeable members. Especially when it seems you don't know the answer to the question...Just to clarify: TD's aren't samplers, they only have the rom (probably eprom) built-in sounds which can be tweaked but not replaced and they cannot load (user defined) samples. So there's where the story ends...

Comment

You can use the module into the computer via midi and trigger samples like that. Some yamaha modules can be loaded with samples i think
            My current DIY Edrums project -
            http://picasaweb.google.com/seanwhitley2000/DIYEDrums

Freecycle your old stuff and get stuff for free!
            http://www.freecycle.org/

Comment

It was just a comment....

If I offended anyone, then you all need to buck up! j/k!

The original response I read as being a little snippy. That's one of the problems with written communication. Unlike listening to drums, it's too easy to misinterpret tone.

Comment

As said already, you cant put sounds into the TD modules however if you had something such as the Roland Fantom-XR, you could record samples into that and trigger them with MIDI...

I personally think software such as Superior Drummer 2.0 is much easier though...
                Dave
                Sonic Orb Studios
                My Youtube

My kit is custom running 10, 12, 14" toms, a 12" snare, 2 crash, 1 ride, 1 splash, and dual kick drum all plugged into a
                Roland TD-6V module which runs MIDI to Superior Drummer 2

Comment

Working...
                X